Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my '36 as much as I could this summer. It wasn't easy since I drove the Henry J to most car events. Towards the end of the summer I realized I was pretty close to 30K mi and I decided to go for it. Today I went on a chilly 60 mi ride and reached my goal. Pretty good for a bunch of junk on a home made frame (made of pallet rack crossembers). Most of my friends think of it as a rat rod, and that's OK. I've refined it a lot since I got it on the road and it's really a pretty nice driver.Here's a pic from when I got home today.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Way to go Gary. Congrats, I know it feels good to reach a milestone. And for the record I don't see a rat rod. I see a dependable HOTROD Classic truck. :).

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Same here! Sure doesn't look like the typical POS ratrod I see at most car shows around here. Looks like a pretty nice truck that's just in primer. Congrats on that milestone!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Man that's just a cool hot rod. Whats even better is that you built it and you drive it.
Nice truck!
Tony

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Congratulations, Gary! I too see an awesome '36 Chevy hot rod.... not the typical rat rod I see around here either. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Keep on truckin'! :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Trucks are now the new hotrods. I love those pics. Too bad you didn't leave the patena and clear coat. I saw garage squad last weekend and they did one with gloss coat which made the rust turn into brown leather. It was gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
What a great way to repurpose those pallet rack pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts