Gasser HotRod Forums banner

421 - 425 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
thanks for those nice feedback guys. Steve I have not put on the stickers on the car cause I have not made my mind on the color. It is on gray primer at present. Got on my ride and drove to have the coupe inspected did not run into LE to and from. Ran into a lot of people giving me the thumbs up and others the mid finger LOL. Got to the station only to wait on the long line. Had some people come over checking the car out an asking lots of ??? with their mask on. After an two hours my turn good thing I had a bucket on hand. Title on hand, got insurance id card. Ready to go. State Inspection depending on the age of the car. seatbelts and anchorages only required if the vehicle was originally manufactured with them. Tail lamps shall be equipped with at least two tail lamps, unless vehicle was manufactured prior to 1960, in which case your vehicle is required to be equipped with one (1) tail lamp mounted on the rear. Had to explain that the car was not registered and does not have license plates. Shown them my restore plates and they ran the numbers and told me no one using those numbers. They also stated letters, numbers, or other identification marks that cause blurring or reflective matter are not plainly visible at all times during daylight, or an attached illuminated device or sticker, decal, emblem, or other insignia that is not authorized by law and that interferes with the readability of the letters or numbers on the plate or the name of the state in which the vehicle is registered. Would mean that subjectively or in the eyes of the LE person, all illuminated license plate frames - especially the neon ones, are NOT LEGAL. OK does my car pass inspection ?????? YESSSSSS IT DOES. GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Late in the afternoon will take paperwork to DVM on Monday.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Those look slamin!! Picasso ain’t got nutten on you! Love it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Thanks Mario !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 2 hrs waiting to line just to get it registered is not right. I'm addicted...to this 37 coupe. IT’S NOW REGISTERED IN TEXAS, state inspected, turn signals, horn, mufflers and tune twice. It is tumultuous with a full exhaust and raucous loud with open 3 collectors. I don't consider the 37 a gasser but a working project with a 8 point cage, corvette seats, manual steering, no heater, no radio, manual reverse valve body and with it's tunnel rammed twin carb all aftermarket full roller sbc 400 engine. It is horrible or poor on gas mileage. I will jump in drive to the doctor’s and veterans appointments without hesitation. LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,139 Posts
Yes indeed Rik! Let the fun, and the thumbs up begin! I'm sure it will turn a lot of heads going down the road now!

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Congrats Rik. You’re on the road. Happy for you.

421 - 425 of 425 Posts