Gasser HotRod Forums banner
381 - 400 of 433 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
What's "similitude"? I think that name will generate a fair number of puzzled looks, if that's what you're going for. Regeneration sounds better.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
BAD GENERATION...........HARD-ACT.......Asphalter 1 ...... BIG IDEA ..... GROUND TREMOR....BROKE FOR BUCKS....come on you can do this....lol

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
yes the site is acting weird. How about Resurrection? Misbehaving? Ole Chevy's Never Die? Chevolution? Ground Pounder? Messing Around? Im running out of ideas, Wait how about Running Crazy? LOL

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
thanks for the feed back guys............ this site is weird and I have not smoked or drank nothingggggggggggggg

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hey Rik leave your forum issues on the auto guide thread at the top of the main forum. Someone will try to help you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is it a simulated attitude? If so that's, just not right.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
So I goggled similitude

Dictionary
Search for a word
si·mil·i·tude
/siˈmiləˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
the quality or state of being similar to something.
"Conrad uses a range of constructions which express or imply similitude"
synonyms: resemblance, similarity, likeness, sameness, similar nature, comparability, correspondence, comparison, analogy, parallel, parallelism, equivalence; More
ARCHAIC
a comparison between two things.
ARCHAIC
a person or thing resembling someone or something else.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
My reason for naming the car Similitude is that's not a period correct 60's gasser. It’s a modern hot rod dressed up to look like one? You r right about "puzzled looks." LOL who knows I might change my mind.......

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! I has been a while. Lots has happen.... still hiding under this rock lots of friends and relatives have gone due to this virus. Hope everyone is doing great.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hey Rik I was thinking about you. Hope all is well. Pop in now and then. Don’t be a stranger. We miss you.
hows the 33 or 34 doing?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Good to see you drop in Rik!
Not sure about a '33 or '34, but I want to know how the '37 is doing?
When we last conversed Rik was picking up a 33 Chevy standard.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
The 3 window coupe was going to get the "hotrod" treatment and I was going to replace the wood with metal. I wanted it to be squeak free & not have the doors sag or the body to vibrate or rattle. The guy I bought the car from had it a few years and didn’t know much of its history. He gave me the name of who he bought it from. I called the previous owner tried to get some info but turned into an awkward conversation he didn’t know much that was no help. There were scars on the frame that the car had some other engine in it besides the original 4 Cyl. The car turned out to have little to no rust and I was going to chop it 3.5”. I had already done the measuring and marked the car. An older guy comes up drives into my driveway. Asking all kinds of ? looks at my 37 and asked do I want to sell him the coupe. I answered NOOOOO. He leaves but returns the next following day with some friends. Again the ? comes up. He now offers big money and I help load up the car. No I did not mention the car as my plans were to get a little ahead before making another thread.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Well?......... WHERES THE THREAD. WE wanna see that Hotrod. Lol.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Mario I think the 33-34 is the one he sold...........not the 37 ????

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Ok Rik, which is the car that was sold. Now Im confused. :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
The older guy express to me that for years he wanted a 3 window coupe. I told him that it was not a ford which would run into lots of more coins. My finances would not go that far for the coveted dream of a ford coupe with a history (at least not in this part of the country). What I did find was chevy coupe within my $$$ reach. The older guy told me when he was 15, he had a paper route in his little town that he walked every morning. Every Sunday, the old man on his route would pull his Chevy Coupe out of his garage, dust it off, open the door for his wife and off they would go for their Sunday drive. He watched that for years and finally asked the old man if he would consider selling his car. The answer was an emphatic NO. I've always wondered what happened to it. The older guy went through various car ownership including a 57 corvette fuel injected 283 with a long run with the car. The realization came that a '30s car was a possibility. This COVID-19 the market for cars changed. So the dream of a coupe began to shake...getting a little misty. Thinking to myself about what was offered made me pushed the coupe out. I gave the congratulations on buy the car from me. Getting closer to a Ford 3 window. I still have my 37 gasser in the garage next to my solstice coupe. This site would not allow me to log on until I changed passwords.

381 - 400 of 433 Posts