Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here a good friend of mine reckomended this site so....hello everyone
i have a 51 chevy gasser 350/th350 with4:56 10 bolt posi...upgrades will include a 6-71 blower soon..:cool:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome, I'm still new here myself but feel like I've known some of the guys for years. A great place to be and alot of knowledgeable people. Andy

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yo Mofugga Yo. Welcome to the site. Those '49-52 Chevies make awesome gassers. I'm excited to see your pics. Let us know what you're runnng as far as drivetrain etc. Glad you found us and enjoy the forum. Good to have you here. Mark L

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Hi new here a good friend of mine reckomended this site so....hello everyone
i have a 51 chevy gasser 350/th350 with4:56 10 bolt posi...upgrades will include a 6-71 blower soon..:cool:
Hey buddy,
good to see you joined. Welcome. Great group of guys and cars here.
Mario

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
That 51 Looks bad! Love the look . right out of hot rods to hell movie.
mario

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Mario, moffuga, do you have a pic somewhere? I'd love ot see it. Mark L

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
now that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mm

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi new here a good friend of mine reckomended this site so....hello everyone..... i have a 51 chevy gasser
Welcome.... you are the friend of MM that has his "favorite Internet user name"..... HA!!!! :eek:

I LOVE your '51..... as a kid thru my early teenage years the family car was a '49 Chevy 2 door with 3 on the tree. A cool car....Was painted "flat back" (with a paint brush).

Had it for many years and was running good when it was traded in for a used '60 Ford - 4 door NOT a cool car.... ugly light green.... rather walk than ride in it.

Anyway ..... so many cool things going on with your car..... looking forward to hearing more about it as time goes on.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
John, we seem to be kindred spirits. We also had a '49-'50 chevy, gray 4 door torpedo back. I was around 8 so that would be 1960. I remember my mother driving from our town to the next one 5 miles over. For what ever reason the car just died about half way. Where we were in WI it was pretty hilly and we had friends just down the next hill at the bottom of it. We were almost to the top so Mom was going to try to push the car to the top and coast down the hill to the friends house. She couldn't get it rolling and was about to give up. She was setting behind the wheel when I told her to put it in gear, turned the ignition on, and press the start button on the floor. She did not want to do it but she tried it and it was enough to get it rolling. It wasn't very far so Mom had me sit behind the wheel and hit the starter while she pushed. When she realized it got us just over the crest and we started to roll by gravity, she was pretty happy. Knowing now that it's not good to crank a starter for that long I don't remember my Dad ever having to have replace it. He also gave me a big atta boy for doing that back then. I did not get many of those growing up. The friend was working in their yard as we silently rolled into their driveway and up to the garage door. She was used to all the highway/engine noises and did not pay attention to the crunching of the gravel as we pulled in. We scared the heck out or her when she turned around. Funny. I had forgotten about that until you reminded me of the ol' torpedo back Chevy. Mark L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the compliments and stories!!...yes i am great friends with mario...one of the greatest friends a guy could have!! good to have gasser friends!!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hey guys thanks for all the compliments and stories!!...yes i am great friends with mario...one of the greatest friends a guy could have!! good to have gasser friends!!!
Mario has only been posting regularly for a few weeks & already he fits in like he has been here since day one!!!! I came across the pictures of his car that he posted before it became a gasser. It really was banged up!

I am not sure but I have seen another Chevy like yours somewhere.... or one very similar ..... was it on Racingjunk.com at one time ?????

Like Vall already said it is "spot on" in so MANY ways. Having a blower on it will make it even better than it already is.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Alright guys , stop with the mushy stuff...LOL Gasser guys all stick together. And by the way John, I haven't finished the coupe albums. I had to take a break. 8yrs of determination to get my car back.
Im loving this site. Can you tell? LOL

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts