Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name here is Komodor but every day, it's Patrick. I was born in 1967 and I am Opel freak since I'm a chlid. I own a 1967 Opel Commodore fast back 2 doors top-chopped and a 1967 Opel Commodore 4 doors powered by an Opel Diplomat engine (a 327 SBC...).
So, I plan to built a Gasser based on a 1951 Opel Kapitan. This car is originaly a 4 doors, but since several monthes, it's modified in 2 doors. I want to built this car with maximum parts from Opel. Not the engine because it's a 454 BBC 2 bolts, and the axle is a 9 inches Ford. The gear is a Powerglide from an other Opel Diplomat ; and the front straight axle come from a little truck Opel Blitz. The construction is not beginning, but I hope to start this year.

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum Patrick! Sounds like you've got some very interesting Opels, and the gasser will be a neat build! Looking forward to seeing progress pics, so I hope you'll start a thread in the Project section!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
front of my '67 Commodore, 10 cm chopped, with it's stock engine (2,5 L straight 6). The body was painted in 1987...

the back :

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I have never seen this Opel body style before. I really like the way it looks.

I was stationed in Germany in 1967-68. It was there that I first saw the Opel Rally Kadetts. When I came back to the states I ended up buying a gold 1968.

Ironically, I got a deal on a 1969 Kadett station wagon last Summer. It's a pretty "wild ride". It was a drag car that I am in the process of making it street legal.

Looking foward to seeing & hearing more about your Opel.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
A very big "Welcome" from across the big pond Komodor. It's really exciting to have someone from your country so we can get more worldly points of view. Thank you for sharing your time and your dreams with us. I'm very excited to watch your build on your car. Glad you could join up. Enjoy the forum and never hesitate to ask questions. Helping each other is what we do. Mark L

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for your welcome. I'll certainly need your knowledge about Gasser construction.
You don't recognise my Commodore OpelGasser because the body is very modified : for example, the back lights come from a Ford Granada (Ford model from England) ; the back window come from a Ford Fiesta (a little England Ford model).
Next, I'll open a post about my Opel Gasser project.
Sorry about my bad English langage...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
thank you for your welcome. I'll certainly need your knowledge about Gasser construction.
You don't recognise my Commodore OpelGasser because the body is very modified : for example, the back lights come from a Ford Granada (Ford model from England) ; the back window come from a Ford Fiesta (a little England Ford model).
Next, I'll open a post about my Opel Gasser project.
Sorry about my bad English langage...
You are doing VERY GOOD!!! I did notice there has been a LOT of body mods done. Unless a car has been imported to the USA we usually do not know much about them or what they look like.

Speaking for others here I know we would like to know more abut the history of your car, how it came to be a "custom" etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to gassers,, I'm a newbe myself.. hope we can help out with anything you might need, and likewise learn from your experence, really a neat Opel, never seen that body style before, but the custom changes sure made it a neat looking car,, I love the lines ,, and great work,,,,, again welcome,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Patrick, do not worry about your English, I've lived here all my life an still haven't mastered it, heh. We may at times ask you what you might mean by a certain statement, just to clearify, but so far your English is great. Love the car. Mark L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts