Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jeff. Originally from the UK. 4 years ago I moved to Ontario Canada. Have owned, built and raced pro street cars, here and in the UK. Always loved gassers and love nostalgic race cars. Looks like I am finally starting a gasser project. After years of owning Mopars, I am going the opposite direction with a 1961 Mercury Comet.

I am an airbrush artist and custom painter. So really looking forward to that part of the project.

Hope to hook up with you guys soon.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome Jeff! That should be a nice light car. Mopars and Fords aren't that different, most of the engines have the distributor on the wrong end and some even share the same bolt pattern. :) JK Cool that you are an artist, any renditions coming of the finished product?

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
YO! Welcome Jeff. '61 Comet should be quite different and cool. Good to have an artist on board. You realize that you have to do a custom paint job on every other car on the site right???? HA!!! Great having you join in the fun and I hope you enjoy the site. Looking forward to more about your car. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Welcome Jeff! Comets are a great size car to build a gasser on! The unibody creates some challenges for mounting axles, and engines, but a very light body!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey Jeff66, Welcome! PICS, PICS, PICS! we are expecting great stuff with your talents..no pressure tho,,,, we are easily entertained!!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hi Jeff66. Enjoy the site. Yes we are easily entertained, but only with stories and pictures:) Good luck on the car and fire away with questions when you get them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!! Cool car, nice project!!! I airbrush (just got back into it after a 10 year hiatus) and do custom painting too!!! From Sunny FLA!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts