Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you guys jon from australia here .Ive got a 57 stude hawk that ive started building into a altered wheelbase gasser .putting a lark chassis under it ."10" shorter than a hawk and going to run a ford cleveland ex supergas with a glide and 9" with 5.1 or 4.88 gears.but I need some help with front end ..no pics yet but as soon as I get some they will be here .awsome site !

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Welcome magnum 500! Start a build thread in the project section, and we'll try to help with whatever questions you have!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
What everyone has said in the previous post except....my personal welcome to add to it. Very glad you joined in and looking forward to your build thread. You came ot the right place so ask away and we'll get you in the right place. I like the idea of using the shorter factory chassis under you r longer W/B car to alter the longer one. Good thinking to get where you want to be. And likely a good cost savings over building a chassis. Thanks for joining in and have fun on the site. By the way, that powertrain sounds killer. Oh almost forgot. WELCOME MATE!! Mark L

·
Registered
106 Posts
welcome.. this is my first gasser build also. i got alot of help from the gasser brother hood and they kept me into the build now i have the only 65 riviera gasser in the world! what can i do to help Sir?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys .I'm going to try and jack up the front end first as I would love to put a straight axle in but I thing the rego man wont like it and I want to be able to drive it at the local events .you guys have much easier laws than us .But if all else fails straight axle .And maybe a chop down the track when its done .Gotta find me some wheels and I,m thinking maybe use the stude diff and just put a set of gears and mini spool in.The other thing I,m looking into is how much castor can I ,do I need to run.my old chassis car had 8 degrees in it .but I don't think I will be able to get that .Also thinking of doing it left hand drive so might have to chase up a dash over there .I pick the car up out of storage this w/end so will get some pics going and then you can tell me how to start a build thread .Cant wait to get it moving along .Car has orange paint from the early 70,s on it so I want to try and keep all that to make it look like a survivor from the era .just gotta have a name for it .I,m thinking of calling it agent orange or something like that.Do you guys have FANTA soda over there? we had this place here that made orange soda and the tv add was this dude jumped from a tower like 200 feet high into a tub of soda and it bubbles everywhere .and the add goes FIZZED BY FRANK so maybe that.time will tell .great site guys

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome Magnum, I spent two weeks in Perth courtesy of the USN. Had a great wine cruise up the river there. When you get ready for the build link, just go to the project update links and start a new thread. And yes we do have Fanta soda. I remember a movie from the 70's that was a little strange (ok a lot) Clockwork Orange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts