Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 1965 riviera gasser i bet none of you have ever seen anything like this. i took this car to my senior in 1989 with 26k miles im now 40 and it has 36,128 miles and yes its a GS.. i dont like stock and i like to be different so i pulled the 425 2x4 motor sold it and built a nasty 434 stroker with a tunnel ram. i found hillabrand wheels for it every thing looks like 1965..

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Welcome. I saw your car on the web, somewhere. I have both a gasser and a couple '65 Rivs. This build might hurt a bit... but go for it.

Are you going to do anything to lighten it?

Mike

ps are you dumping the GS stuff? (emblems, etc)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome! Very different build choice for a gasser, but I also say go for it. (yes Mike, it does sting a little) Wish I had known about that 425 when you had it for sale. Been looking for another Nailhead for a while now. I'm not even an hour from you.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey Rivieragasser, I too saw your Buick on a site somewhere just the other day. And I either did send you a PM with the link to this site or I was going to. I can't remember which. Either way I'm really glad you made it over. As you can see we have a nice variety of cars here. Your Buick will fit in very nicely. I also am a big fan of the early Rivieras. Never thought of one being a gasser but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be one. I'm looking forward to more pics and more build information as you go. Glad to see you over here. Mark L

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I plan on keeping the GS stuff on it. the riv 's body line is mean and angry and it was ment for racing not an LA lowrider.. i now have the front lifted . its a street gasser and the rivs ride nice so i put my thinking cap on and figured out a way to keep the stock ride and lift the nose.. i welded a 1/4" plate to the bottom of the control arm and used old chevelle 3" ball joint spacers and i put 3"coil spring spacers from a dirt track car in and used chevelle ball joints witch are 3/4" longer plus the plate and a lighter motor i got 5" lift and the control arms wont hit the frame because of the spacers and it only cost me $100 to do the whole thing as compared to $1800 axle set up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts