Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of guys have asked me what color I'm gonna paint my '55, and usually I say I don't think I am. Well I got to feeling like making the car fancy and my buddy and I painted and lettered it up. Or I should say he lettered it up and I watched.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike, he's holding a screwdriver, and the tint is dark green similar to the bullit mustang. These are the only pics I have now, and I'm trying to keep it under wraps until we bring it out at Hot Rod Reunion, so I cant really post any on facebook. I'll try and get some clearer ones soon.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Awesome, the paint totally changed the looks of the car. I was wondering if you painted the wheels, and if so what did you use?
Andy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy, the rear wheels are Magnesium, and I wanted the front ones to match until I can come up with some real ones. We experimented a little and nailed the look. What we did was 1) spend 6 hours smoothing them out 2) paint them with flat black interior dye 3) fog or overspray them with cast iron spray paint from like 3 feet away until the desired look is achieved. If you get them too gray, you can then fog them with the black to darken them up.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Very nice, sometimes it's the little things that set your car off. I think you nailed it. Have fun at the reunion, wish I could go too.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sounds nice. I wanted to say you had a bad miss but then---I didn't want you to think I was a smart arse--. (But I am). Looks and sounds great. Should sound great going thru the gears. Mark L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts