Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vall thanks for the info,I'll check it out. Got to get my loan finalized so I can get moved in my house. My Henry j is waiting too.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
A house is always priority one over everything else to me Andy! Need to put the hotrod on the back burner until you get the home wrapped up for sure! Hope you can hit it hard soon!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vall, your right gotta have priorities in order and the Home comes first. I keep collecting parts and looking for more. When I do breakout the tools hopefully I won't have alot to slow down the progress. Andy

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve, you are right I guess a little bit more waiting won't kill me. I'm just anxious to get started. Andy

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I sure understand Andy! Once I dive into a project I resent every other thing that takes me away from forward progress on the project! Sometimes I don't have control over the interferences, and I need to tell myself it will happen! The biggest irritant for me is not having space or money for a project. I hate when I know what I want to build, but the funds are too low to start!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Vall, at the moment I don't have a shop or garage to work in, plus funds are limited. Funds at the moment are for the house. I should know something more definite on my loan within the next week. Can't hardly wait the garage is awesome with a separate area with full kitchen and half bath, plus gas fireplace and air condition home sweet garage. Andy

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Good Luck with the "home loan"..... sounds like a great place for you & for your "gasser project.

Let us know how it goes.... looking forward to seeing pics of it & more of the Henry J.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey John, I sure will keep you and everyone posted. I saw on your thread you were working to open up the front of your shop but didn't actually see it finished. Did I miss it or did you not post any finished shots? Andy how is the chassis coming along? And thanks, Andy

·
Registered
164 Posts
right on brother, Its nice to have a home to sleep in when you get tired from working on the car all evening.lol I am a list maker so I had made a list of parts i needed or wanted for the gasser and purchased them over quite a bit of time. I erased and updated to as i gathered, cuz you never know what you might run across at a deal! I also look at pics for inspiration!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Sir Steve, I have been collecting parts for my build for 3 yrs now and still looking for more, I buy what I can when I can. That to me is almost as rewarding as building, taking parts and pieces that I have accumulated and watching it come together, having that vision and turning it into something cool. Andy

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
It's fun to build, and when you get to a point where you go to the parts you've saved up and start putting them into the build it always is a good moment for me. I kinda get disappointed when I'm at a point I think I can use something I bought, and then realise it just wont work, so using them is more fun!

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's fun to build, and when you get to a point where you go to the parts you've saved up and start putting them into the build it always is a good moment for me. I kinda get disappointed when I'm at a point I think I can use something I bought, and then realise it just wont work, so using them is more fun!
Vall, I have done that more than I care to admit! I have bought stuff I thought was a good deal and then wasn't usable for my purpose. That's when I call it a collectable, or "for my next project"

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
..... I have bought stuff I thought was a good deal and then wasn't usable for my purpose. That's when I call it a collectable, or "for my next project"
Ahhhhh ..... so common ..... Seems like at times I am BETTER at doing that than finding/buying the parts I really need. This is ONE THING I hopefully will AVOID doing this time around. The saving grace is we have set our mind on this car being the "one". Hopefully that will help to keep us "focused" more so than in the past.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Guys, picked up my racing buckets today. Not to bad looking just needs a little cleaning. Black poly racing seats with black covers and ajustable sliders $75 a couple more pieces to the giant puzzle.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts