Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me in REAL simple terms how to get pics from my Samsung smart phone to my computer? I've only been trying for an hour. I down loaded them and sent them some where, lord only knows where.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Could someone please tell me in REAL simple terms how to get pics from my Samsung smart phone to my computer? I've only been trying for an hour. I down loaded them and sent them some where, lord only knows where.
Probably went to "My Pictures" on your computer. Are you using a Mac computer or PC format?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a lap top, ASUS. I can post pics once I got them on my computer. I just can't figure out how to get them from my phone to the lap top. I have the cable to go from the phone to the computer. I pretty much taught myself on this computer stuff, and usually I can figure stuff out, but this has been a pain.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I got a lap top, ASUS. I can post pics once I got them on my computer. I just can't figure out how to get them from my phone to the lap top. I have the cable to go from the phone to the computer. I pretty much taught myself on this computer stuff, and usually I can figure stuff out, but this has been a pain.
Ok I got it. You have what operating system. Do you have Xp , win7 , or win8? I need to know so I can walk you thru it.
On all versions you need to open a window from my computer. In that view will be your hard drive , and other drives like cd or DVDs. Along with that you will see a drive labeled with another letter in xp or a camera thumbnail in win 7 or 8. Just double click the thumbnail and open the folder on the camera that has all the pics. Think of the camera as another hard drive.
Open my pictures and click and drag the photos into "my pictures". If you know how to select all the photos that would be even easier for you. Select and click hold down the button and drag across to the folder you want them to go in.
I know it sounds difficult but you'll get it. Takes a little getting used to it. Building cars is a lot harder.
I'm not getting emails for your posting here so be patient for my response.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
On my laptop I can access whatever I plug into it by plugging the phone, zip drive, camera, etc. in, and then click on the "start up" menu. When it pops up, I click on the "documents" menu, and when that opens it shows on the left side a list that includes "computer", "local disc (C)", "Recovery (D)", and the last will be whatever I plugged in. I click on whatever I plugged in to open it. Then highlight whatever pictures I want to deal with, and right click on them to choose which I want to save, and where I want to send them to. If I hold the "cntrl" key down while left clicking on the pics, I can select a group that will all be highlighted. Then by right clicking on the group I can choose to move the entire group at one time to wherever I keep my pictures.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I take a picture with my cell phone then I text the picture to my email. I go to the computer open my email down load the picture and save on my desk top. I can then upload it to whatever sight I want hope this help

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The other option if you're looking to get your photos off your phone to this site is also pretty straight forward. Plug your phone in to your computer. Log onto this site and then what ever thread you want to post to. click on the "go advanced" window at the bottom right of the page. Click on "manage attachments" then click on the "add files" window and from the drop down window select your phone from the list. Open it and select the photo(s) you want to add and click open, and then click "upload" and then "done' and then "post". And then we'll all be able to enjoy your photographs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts