Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Help for my vintage car

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  manicmechanic 
#1 ·
Hi
I inherited a classic car from my father. He loved the car very much and I don't like to sell it off. It is one among my priceless possessions. Now the matter is I want to replace some of it's parts as you know it is very difficult to get these days. I am doing a search on vintage parts. But I cannot find it useful. I also have to incorporate some safety equipments. I am searching some kind of people who do metal fabrication works so that I can get some customized parts and do not have to search for each part. Can anyone suggest some solutions for this? Also I am planning to replace the engine tank. I really don't know whether all these stuff will be very costly or not. I will be grateful for your suggestions.

#3 ·
what are the other priceless possessions you have inherited from your father. Maybe you could sell these possessions to fix your antique vehicle?

#8 ·
Mario,
With the lack of any real information about the car and the verbiage seeming to be a bit different my best guess is an 'engine tank' most probably is the oil pan; what do you think. I'm really hoping that Richard posts some photos so we all can see his project especially since it's a Canadian gasser.

#11 ·
Update us about the stuff!! Please!! Pictures of the stuff.

#14 ·
I have always loved cars, and I have the patience/drive/motivation to build them. I spend way to much time trying not to throw wrenches across the shop and being pissed off. I love driving my cars, I even love standing in the garage and looking at them! I agree with Vall............................

#16 ·
I'm not quitting. Lol. I wanna know. What are the possessions? What year is the Chevy gasser. I'm sure his father has pictures of the car so well loved. Kindly let us know?

#17 ·
Hey Richard and welcome if you truly want help,,,, We are a straight forward and honest group of guys.
Tell us what you have going?? a few details would be great! ???

#20 ·
I do believe we may push to the next thread. Amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.