Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Belleville Mi, new to the gasser scene but learnig
fast, just bought 55 with orig 1970's LS7 dual quads (DEMONS)
The guy i got it from said 10:30 1/4 mile WOW!!! Hemi 4speed pro shifted
Trying to figure out how to post pics???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome! Piece of cake.

There are many ways to share images here. You can click on 'Go Advanced' which opens a new screen with more options. Under 'Additional Options' there is a spot for 'Attachments'. Click on 'Manage Attachments' and that will open a download box. Just find the images that you want to import and click on them and they will upload to the post that you are on as an attachment - the photos show as small images on the bottom of your post (like below) that can be clicked on to bring up a window that will show the full sized image.

A better way is to create an album here. Go to 'My Profile' -it's at the top of the screen to the right where it says 'Welcome' and your username and notifications... - then when the screen opens you'll see on the left a place for 'Albums'. You can create your own albums there and upload images straight from your computer. You can them grab the BB Code (by opening the picture that you ant to use, the code is in the lower right -just right-click on it and copy) to insert the image to your post directly, just paste it in your message where you want it to appear. It will look like this:

It's the easiest way to upload unless you already share your images on Flickr or photostream or the like. In that case you open your picture on that site and there will be a 'link' that you can share that will have the URL of the image. There is an icon (by the globe 'Insert Link' icon above or the envelope icon if in advanced) that looks like a picture (and next to it is the icon for inserting a video - same process). When you click on the 'Insert Image' icon a window pops up where you paste the link for the image (or video for the 'Insert Video'). This will show up in the body of the message instead of the bottom, just like the above image.

I hope that this helps. I guess I need to get on that tutorial on how to post images and videos as a sticky.

Welcome and I can't wait to see the '55!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi ya and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome Hippy....Glad you joined and lookin' forward to seeing your '55. :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Hippy. Those motors were the shnits back in '70. They were like unobtainium. You saw them in magazines but never in person. That is a great Hot Rod '55 you have there. What a great platform to build a Gasser form, if that is your direction. Of course we are a little bit biased here but are you going to go with some kind of replacement front axle set up? Straight or a beam axle? A lot of the gasser back then still used the original front suspension so straight axles etc were not manditory. But the guys that kept it were using all kinds of unique engineering to get the front ends up in the. Let us see what your working with and tell us your goals. Glad you could join in and let us share in your project. Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Just added a pic, its sideways having trouble, now im aggrivated
Welcome from Pittsburgh!!!!

Is the picture rotated (in the wrong direction) when you upload it here???

If so you need to "edit" it (right way up) before uploading it to the forum.

I use Photo Bucket. Allows you to "store" pictures you that ave stored in the pictures files on your computer. Then you can easily uploaded from the picture files on your computer to Photo Bucket. All you have to do is to "click on" the upload picture icon to get them on Photo Bucket.

Photo Bucket gives you the "option" of editing in all kinds of ways.... the option of having multiple storage files for as many "topics/file names you want.... plus BEST PART it is FREE!!!!

Hope you figure it out.... I am getting a "sore neck" ..... pretty sure I am NOT the only one here!!!! L o L !!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts