Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to everyone! My name is Phil and my truck, while not a gas-class racer in any way, is a Pontiac-fortified '55 Chevy Task Force half-ton shortbed in progress. 1962 389 two-barrel with '72 400 heads & intake, and it's out of a Star Chief so it got the beefier Olds Jetaway four-speed HydraMatic instead of the "Slim Jim" Roto-HydraMatic. Should be fun when she's back on the road. I look forward to spending time here and hopefully answering questions in addition to asking them.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello Phil. Nice combination. I'm a little biased when it comes to Pontiac powered anything. Let us see some pics and more info on the combination. I like the sounds of it. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here. Ask away on anything and we can usually find a good answer for you. Glad you joined in on the fun.

Mark L

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any good pics right now, but I should be able to scare up a few after I drive to Maryland tonight. It's a project still, in every sense of the word. More to come, here and on the HAMB.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum Phil! Sounds like a great combo! I had a '57 Suburban with 389 Pontiac and TH400 back in the 70's! The 389 is a great choice for those 50's Chevy trucks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the truck I started with, a nice driver and 95% stock, 265 and all, sitting with the Pontiac that donated the powertrain after it was broadsided and totalled in March of '09.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts