Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ! New here saw this site from TRIFIVE.com so I thought I would join up !
I have a 55 2 dr. sedan, car has many parts from my dads high school car. Currently has a 350, Super T-10 and 3:70 gears. Have had my car since I was 19, finally put it on the road this May. I am currently in the process of building the original 265 my dad removed from his car in 1960 ! It has not been run since then. My son wants to learn how to build an engine so I am showing him how. The last time a teenager wrenched no this engine, it was his grandfather ! I think that is kind of cool myself ! Hope to learn things from this site and hope I can contribute so good information myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Prostreet thought my avatar and pics loaded ! As you can see from my avatar and pics, it is Two Lane Black Top inspired but it is also an evolving all years gasser inspired car. The 350 in it now is a strong street car engine but I am going to build the 265 using old school thinking with as many better modern availability of parts to get some modern day potential out of it, if that makes any sense ! Will just be fun for my son to learn too. If your going to learn how to build a small block, might as well be the FIRST small block !

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It had to be 100 in the garage this weekend ! Got the heads off it everything is really stuck. It really isn't rusty but it is varnished up like glue. Well, It hasn't run in 53 years !

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Welcome aboard Bfalfa55. Love the car. Big fan of Falfa car and milners too. great project and I like your old school thinking. Its been hot here on Long Island as well. mid 90's and lots of humidity.
mario

·
Registered
643 Posts
Cool stuff, welcome and thanks for the updates, keep em coming! U gonna GASSER it up a bit?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a mix of parts and look from all of the gasser era. It will be a driving "work in process" as I have owned this car since 1987 and finally put it on the road in May of this year (you don't want to rush into these projects ! LOL!). I am trying to make it a blend of new and old technology with the "easy on the budget" thinking. You don't have to spend big bucks to make a good running car, it's all in the little details !

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice job on the ole' Chevy! Stick around and keep us up to date on your progress.... and the son's progress. :cool: It's very cool that he should be interested in the old school iron..... and speaks volumes of yourself my friend. Congratulations! :) :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ! You have to put the interested in old iron on more than me, gotta blame his Grandpa ! My dad is still a great wrench and a huge hot rodder ! My brother is just as bad as the rest of us too. He has a 75 Nova with an LS based 5.3. It's loads of fun too !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Olmsted Twp. If you live close, then you probably know where I am. If not, I am about 25 miles southwest of Cleveland.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Falfa, It looks like a great car. The fact that it is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation project is fantastic. I hope you enjoy the site, although it can be hazardous to your sanity.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am already insane So I will fit right in maddog! And Geerbangr, I should have said I am an hour due East of Summit Motorsports Park, 45 min. north east of Dragway 42 and 1hr 15 min west of Thompson ! @ hours away is not far at all !

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sorry I'm a little late welcoming you to the forum. Good looking car and good story with parts from your Father's car. You said your son was building the old 265 that was your Dads. That is really great. I hope you can do a build in the projects section so we can see what you are doing to it. I'm very interested in seeing how it comes out. That is a sweet starting build for your son. Glad you were able to join us here. Mark L

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Buckeye. I'll be hitting events at Thompson, D42, and Summit next year so if you're there and see me in the pits stop by and say hi. Keep us posted on the '55 build, sold a nice one about 5 years ago. Can't beat 'em for gasser material. I'll try and post a recent build of the "Hoodlum" from the Cincy area. Killer car, google it for more info and pics. Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts