Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i have been a member for a while but never posted before i have a 56 chivrolay wagon 4 dr it is a real gasser from the late 60s early 70s the name of the car was mr. E.t. From houston texas drivin by danny allen it was running a 396 with a top loader ford 4 speed when i purchased the 56 last year it was missing the engine and trans i had temporarly put a 346 ford stroker in the car but since has been removed and replaced with a 454/l88 cam brodix heads/weand tunnel ram with 2 600 holleys/fenderwell headers/and a muncie m 21 close range ratio also running a 12 bolt with strange axles and a 488 gear ratio im getting very close to getting it on the street i have some pics of the car when i first got it it was in storage since 1974 blu found 6.jpg blu found 4.jpg blu found 1.jpg chevord.jpg chevord 2.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
had a 55 ford sold it dude came up and threw a bunch of cash on the hood and title to a 72 stingray 350 4 speed car couldnt turn him down that thing was a friqin money pit any this chevy is a heck of alot cheaper and easy everything seems to fit perfect

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Welcome to GHR! The '56 looks great, and sounds like a great drivetrain too! Looks like someone put some thought into radiusing those rear wheelwells too!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it was ashame that the guy i bought the car from ground all the mud out of the pass side someone did a nice job and probably spent some time on them the good thing is he didnt grind away the driver side im gonna give it a try to reproduce what he did on the radius its too bad the guy sanded the paint off the pass side i kinda like it the way it is not to bad for 40 year old paint thought about using some laqure paint and matching it back in we will see in the near future thanks

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hello everyone i have been a member for a while but never posted before i have a 56 chivrolay wagon 4 dr it is a real gasser from the late 60s early 70s the name of the car was mr. E.t. From houston texas drivin by danny allen it was running a 396 with a top loader ford 4 speed when i purchased the 56 last year it was missing the engine and trans i had temporarly put a 346 ford stroker in the car but since has been removed and replaced with a 454/l88 cam brodix heads/weand tunnel ram with 2 600 holleys/fenderwell headers/and a muncie m 21 close range ratio also running a 12 bolt with strange axles and a 488 gear ratio im getting very close to getting it on the street i have some pics of the car when i first got it it was in storage since 1974 View attachment 3695 View attachment 3696 View attachment 3697 View attachment 3698 View attachment 3699
Welcome nasty55ford,

You have been a member for awhile ,,,,, don't be keeping the build to yourself!!! We wanna see the progress as you go!!

Gotta say, I am a bit dissapointed you let that 55 Ford go though,,,,I am a Chevy guy all my life till recently ,,just branched out and discovered those 55 and 56 Ford Fairlanes.

AND I AM HAPPY TO BE HERE TOO, I KEEP COMING BACK, This place has a a great bunch of guys and a constant flow of good info too.

56 VIC - Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
be prepared to spend a boatload of doe on that ford if your gonna go time period correct but i could guide you a little if you want i built five tri five ford gassers i still have some ford stuff if you need anything those vickys are bringing good money at auction bone stock like yours

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive been a ford guy most of my life now im in to the chevy thing somehow i have extra money and my wife dose not bitch anymore about my parts spending probaly 1/4 of the ford builds and thats with a big block

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome Nasty......love the wagon! Great to have you share your build. Sounds like you've got plenty of experience....looking forward to watching your resurrection of the old warrior. :D :D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey Nasty. Welcome and great having you introduce yourself and your car. I love the Tri-Five Ford as much as I love the Chevies, (especially the '57's of both) but your mention of the added cost of building the Fords really make sense. The Chevies really enjoy a abundance of factory parts swaping and great aftermarket support. As you know you can buy a complete new '55 Chevy body. If you're bucks up. But you were fortunate to find an actual race car, and a '56 wagon too. It's great having you join in and bringing us another car build to enjoy. It sounds like a hell of nice set up too. Do you plan to run it down the drag strip or for street only? Either way be prepared for a lot for lookers and questions. Here and on the street. Glad you're here. Mark L

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well thank you to be honest i have a soft spot for all makes and models of tri fives but this chevy is going so smooth all except an starter issue wich will soon be solved with a dang mini starter

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi nasty and welcome. good to have you here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts