Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here. My 9 year old son and I are planning out a build and looking to gather information so we get most parts before we tear in. We are starting with a very solid 36 Chevy Coupe. We are planning to build something to drive not race and on a fairly low budget. I have a 350/350 out of early 70s truck. I was planning to pick up a disc brake 8.8. From an explorer. From there I am looking for suggestions on springs front brakes etc.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a very cool coupe to be able to start with! I think a gasser build can be about as reasonably done as almost any other car build. Lots of help here, so ask away with specifics, and I'm sure we can assist you!
Springs will depend on the stance you're shooting for. Disc brakes will be a must if your plan includes the disc brake 8.8" rear axle you mentioned. I'm not sure if anyone offers a 5 bolt hub and rotor to convert the stock axle to Chev 5 bolt, and disc brakes? You may end up going to a later axle easier to convert to 5 bolt, and disc brakes. Measure your kingpin to kingpin centers and post it. Then we can suggest which axle might be best.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeepmann! Good to have another Chevy project on board. Love the 36. I have an early 35 STANDARD. Looking forward to seeing your project thread.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like it!!! You may be able to find a Chevy 10 bolt in the width you want. I use to beat on a '79 Camaro 10 bolt every weekend bracket racing it also had the TH350 which is a great transmission as long as your gear ratio isn't excessive because it's a 3spd. As far as axle / width that'll be pretty easy with a hub to hub measurement of the factory axle. Or you may be able to find a conversion kit for the factory axle.. you can contact Nostalgia Sid's, he usually answers the phone and he would probably know more than anybody.

This may help says excludes standard though?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts