Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, just wanted to say "hi". I have had a 55 Belair for the past 11 yrs now, and have been waiting on the right time to start fixing her back up again. Started working on her just after moving down here to FL. in 03. Then family, job and life in general has gotten most of my time. Well my kids are now 5 and it seems like the right age to start them tinkering on old cars. I have already done some basics, but need to get her back in running shape. I look forward to learning somethings and just enjoying your rides on here. Thanks for your time. - Lance

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome to the site, Lance. There are a bunch of good people here with a huge variety of cars, but it is nice to have another '55. :D Get the kids into helping dad with his car. Those are great memories, for them and for you! Start a build/progress thread and we'll all cheer you on.

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey Lance a big welcome to you. Nothing better than starting them on a classic Chevy--'55. Not all kids are cut out for it but this way you can find out and hopefully they will appreciate working along side you on the car. It is very rewarding when they come back years later and tell you how much they enjoyed working with you.
I'm glad that you joined the site and looking forward to watching a reading about your build and how it goes with the kids. You're entering a great time so sit back and enjoy. I was able to do the same with my son and I've never regretted it (well maybe once, but that's a story all by itself, LOL). And he has turned out very well. Great to have you on board. Mark L

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi lance and welcome. good to have you here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts