Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd say hi. I'm new to the forum. I dont actually own a gasser but love the cars and thought id look around on the forum. Always looking to learn something about old cars. My current project is 66 Chevelle SS

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A warning though! A look around might end up with you starting a gasser project! They're addictive! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome aboard! It's a great site for hot rods too. I also have a '66 Chevy but its an Impala, and a '48 8N, great little tractor. We always love input on more than just the stance.

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... I'll try to post some pics tonight of her

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the board. '66 Chevelles are really great cars. Great looking. Hope you enjoy the forum and maybe--just maybe--we can give you gas--uh, I mean, the Gasser Virus! Good having you on board. mark L

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some Chevelle pics

IMG_0045.jpg IMG_0617.jpg IMG_0044.jpg IMG_0618.jpg IMG_0619.jpg

Ok so here are some pics of the Chevelle........ The bare metal pics are the day I picked the car up. The red paint scheme is this car back in the 80's to early 90's... The teal paint job is early 90's to late 90's early 2000..... then it got one more paint scheme before the pics of when I picked it up... There is a very long story that goes with this car and I have a very long history with it which is why I purchased it. I have only had the car for a year now. Im trying to peck away at it returning some of the things that got changed from when I last drove the car to it's current condition... I am going to re create the Red paint scheme as it just apeals to me for some unknow reason. I did get rid of the super trick wheels in the pics and I picked up some slots for it. I will probably be posting the rear slots for sale and looking for wider rear slots.. which might be impossible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
few more pics

Well heres a couple more pics.. the white is the last paint scheme the car had. They change the hood too, to the 3" cowl. The slots under it are my new wheels for it but like I mentioned before they are to small so gotts go a different route. Nice hole in the floor board too I did just pick a a set of doors too and a wiper cowl and complete wiper assembly for it

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
How wide a slot are you looking for? ET sells just about any width wheel combo, if you can afford the custom sizes. My neighbor just had them make a pair of 14"x15" wheels for the back of his gasser project.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Vall. Can you find out what wheel and how much he paid for them? I have to get 14 or 15 wide rims too and I wonder what they are going for. MArk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How wide a slot are you looking for? ET sells just about any width wheel combo, if you can afford the custom sizes. My neighbor just had them make a pair of 14"x15" wheels for the back of his gasser project.
Sweet!! I need a 15"x14" wide slot..... Who or what website can I look up ET on? I knew this forum would be awesome!! Those on it now are anoly 15"x10"..... 18.5" tire is to much tire for the wheel and it just sits wrong

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the site Mustang. You should find everyone here helpful. Have fun, look around and be afraid of the gasser bug!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the site Mustang. You should find everyone here helpful. Have fun, look around and be afraid of the gasser bug!

Thank you..... so far this seem sto be most of the best sites Ive found with welcoming members. Especially since I'm not building a gasser..... yet lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anybody know who or where a guy could send a set of wheels and have them replicated for looks? and widened

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
HOLY POOP STAIN BATMAN--$800 for those rims. That's a lot of money---BUT---I have to say, I would pay that to get exactly what I wanted if I could swing it. But I have to be set in other areas first. But I bet they look killer. Mark

1 - 20 of 25 Posts