Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Rick, I've had my Anglia since 1974, it was originaly built in Vancouver BC around 1963-64 at Greens Automotive (Blackie Green) It Had a SBC with a pushbutton 727 Hemi Torqueflite and a 1957 Olds rear end. It was painted black and the interior was done one year before I got it. I just got it back on the road, I have not redone the paint or interior since but have redone everything else. Will try to post pictures later. Thanks for this site, I love Gassers!

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Excellent! What a great gasser, and sweet stance! Nice to see another British micro gasser here! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
A big welcome to the board Rick and thank you for posting the pics of your Anglia. Love those Anglias. Thea English cars made great gassers and still make classy classics Hot Rods. I could probably fit both yours and Vals (1946Austin's) in the trunk of mine. Hope you enjoy your time here on the board and we are looking forward to your participation as well. Great having you here. Mark L

·
Registered
107 Posts
:) hi rick and welcome. good to have you here. sweet ride. :cool:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome..... lots of Mini-Gassers here. Great stance!!!! The little Austin looks "fast" just sitting there!!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sweet car, paint looks new and you said it was done some time ago, great! Look forward to hearing what you did to upgrade it. Welcome.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
BTW..... forgot to ask before..... do you still have the push button 727 Hemi Torqueflite????

I remember vividly when the early & mid 60's Mopars were marking the scene at the drag strip. We thought it was "cool" how the "push button" setup was on the Mopars. Talk about a "sure shift"!!!!

A friend of mine ordered a ''shinny RED super stock Dodge (Coronet 500 rag top) and he insisted he wanted a "push buttons"..... But it was NOT available with that model. He wanted bench seat (so he could sit next to his girl friend) with the push buttons. LoL!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still have the pushbutton torqueflite but I put in a turbo 350 and wishing I would have left the torqueflite in. Here is an old pic of the interior, hope its clear enough.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
With those low rearend gears you might be wishing you had a 700r4 or 4L60! I'm looking for either to swap into mine next winter! I want the lower RPM's for highway cruising!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts