Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've built a few cars but this is my first gasser style car. Its a 60 falcon ive been building on and off for the last couple years. I have the time now to focus on it so ill be going full steam ahead till its on the road!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alrighty. Its got a Chrysler 8 3/4 rear end, 4.56 gears and a spool and 60' c10 truck trialing arms for the links. I am about cut the front frame off and do a 2x4 sq tubing front. It it setup for a sbc and 4 speed now, but i think im going to ditch the sbc for a 354 chrysler hemi with either an built automatic with a big stall or a super t10, havent decided yet.

I plan on racing the car so its getting a 10 pt cage and i made some custom subframe connectors for it. That will hopefully be sturdy enough.

Also gonna be getting fiberglass doors, front end and decklid for it. My vision for it when its done is a really shiny white paint job with a whole lot of chrome.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Good looking Falcon there. That Hemi would really be the icing on the cake. Please start a build thread in the project section and we can follow along as you go, and enjoy every bolt and weld. Glad you were able to join in the fun here.

Mark L

·
Registered
643 Posts
Big Hemi's in small cars!!!! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! WHOOOO HOO!
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard! Love the lil' Falcon! Sounds like you have a great plan and I look forward to tagging along. Thanks for sharing your passion with like minded ole' gassers.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sounds like a great plan with the hemi. Racing would probably be more consistent with an auto but more fun with a stick. Either way, cool car. And do start a build thread.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad you made it over here. Sounds like it's going to be a great build. Do you plan on running the Hemi injected or with carbs?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the madness! I guess I get to count your Falcon as half Mopar if you put the Hemi in :) Have fun, enjoy the site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you made it over here. Sounds like it's going to be a great build. Do you plan on running the Hemi injected or with carbs?
Yeah man thanks for telling me about it!

I dont plan on running it with carbs or injection. Want to run either a 6-71 or 8-71. I'm unsure as i'm still not all that motor savvy. i'm learning tho

1 - 14 of 14 Posts