Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a '34 Ford 3 window cp. that has a Downs fiberglass body.
Also own a 1986 Buick Grand National.
I love each car and have a ball with them both.
I belong to a local hot rod club and am very involved in the local car shows.
I have loved the gasser look since I was about 10 years old. I am in my 50's now and still appreciate them today.
I have been contemplating maybe transforming my '34 to the gasser style.
I envision a chrome front axle, leaf spring and hair pins, along with a set of traditional 60's gasser style wheels.
I have not been able to find any pictures of a '34 Ford that looks like what I imagine.
I am open to tips and suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello tlap and a big welcome to the forum. Nice '34 and GNs are fantastic. Had a slightly moddded '87 Turbo T that ran 12 flats. If you see my Catalina build you can see I'm hooked on them thar hair dryers, LOL. I've owned 4 turbo cars and building one now. Your '34 could be a killer Gasser build. I could be a larger version of the '33/'34 Willys in looks. I'm glad you joined up and shared your cars with us. Looking forward to seeing what you might do with them.

Mark

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A friend of mine had a real '32 Ford gasser that was from the 60's, but sold it last year. I'll see if I have any pictures. Might be close enough to get inspiration. I personally like the '34 a little more.

Here's little crusty version I found on Google:

I think done up like many of the '33 Willys coupes would fit well too! Big rubber in back, skinny tires up front, and nose up higher.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Mark, I do like the hair dryers too. I got lucky and found my '86 GN with 42,000 original miles and completely stock. there were a fair share of oil leak issues that I had to take care of, but it runs great now (leak free).
You are right about the '34 being a bigger version of the '33/'34 Willys, I can uste those for ideas.
1946Austin, I would love to see any pictures that you can come up with, thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i'm talkin about. That orange '34 is nice. I'd want mine a little higher in the front though.
Thanks Judd.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ewing and Ewing raced in my back yard back in the day. Santa Maria, on Foster rd.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome aboard. That '34 looks cool and probably an easy conversion. That's the nice thing about those years, they are easy to change attitude how ever your mood goes.

The GN is a bucket list item for me. I have always loved them... someday one will be in my garage, even if it is only a T-Type. :D

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mike. funny, the gasser is on my bucket list.
The '86 and '87 Buick Regals were/are very cool. The T-Types did have the exact same drive train as the GN, so they are just as capable.
I could not get over the sinister black GN's though.
If money was not an issue, i'd have a GN, a white T-Type and a GNX too. Ya, right! time to wake up.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hi tlap, welcome to our crazy little home. We are always more than happy to help (corrupt) a fellow hot rodder out. Look forward to your decision on gasser material.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts