Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to our little home here 37. We live and breath Gassers here (and maybe a little bit of air, heh) so you came to the right place. We love all types, real ex-racecars, crazy street freaks, historical and just plain ol' close enough gassers. Anything with any Hemi is great stuff. A 37 Dodge should be a stunning Gasser, and right at home here. Like Vall said. Start yourself a build thread in the Project Section so we can slobber all over the screen at your car, lol. Glad you found us and joined in our madness. Looking forward to seeing what your doing. MArk L

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome, 37hemidodge, When you get time give us some specks on the build and post some picks. Going by your user name I gather your 37 s gonna be Hemi powered hotrod. Andy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We thanks to all. yes I do plan on doing a hemi with auto just picked it up last week I have no history to it but was told it was a 37 dodge just no way that I can find to tell so I am going with its a 37 :). I have a guy with a old 392 and I am leaning towards but a new gen is also pretty cool .

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
thumbnail.jpg Yippee another Mopar, and an old coupe!! Welcome 37. We can probably help you figure out if that is a Dodge or Plymouth. Tight fit for a Hemi. Have fun, look around. Look forward to a build thread.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
View attachment 4867 Yippee another Mopar, and an old coupe!! Welcome 37. We can probably help you figure out if that is a Dodge or Plymouth. Tight fit for a Hemi. Have fun, look around. Look forward to a build thread.
Mike, I've got a friend who hangs out here occasionally (RICHIES) and is getting near finishing his '38 Plymouth coupe with an old hemi and dual quads in it. Hopefully he'll post pics some day! Not a gasser, but a very cool looking street rod! He had the old Austin A40 pickup that he sold recently.
There's a picture of the engine compartment of his coupe in his profile. It fits pretty snug!
http://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/member.php?204-RICHIES

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Great people here. love the coupe you have and can't wait to see some build pics. Big fan of the hemi
Mario

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah Melrose, Malden area, is Brian Pevee still up there, ( P V Speed ) ?
Yes Brian is selling furniture & the dad sold the business to the dude that worked there for year sorry cant remember his name good guy though .

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
There was a fellow Mike the was a great sales man and really new his way around the Ingleese injection systems. Not sure if he hung in with Brian that long. I use to have the repair area there back in the 70's when the store was on Maine street I think. that was back when Brian had his Monza. He was a big rival of a friend of mine Chic who had Brignolo's chassis shop in the town I lived in. Im pretty sure I butchered Chics last name. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok guys I have been able to buy a hood and all 4 fenders but can't find the grill support / radiator support dam !!!! It's frustrating but can't quit !!! No time to get out in the garage still knee deep in my kitchen remodel prob got 3 more week ends of it then game on !!! If any one know's where there is one please let me know thanks guys

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Scott are you talking about the rods that go from the firewall to the radiator? Are they on the sides of the firewall to some rectangular strap on the side of the radiator cowl? They are a little difficult to find, as you have found out. But I am pleased you found a hood, thats a score.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts