Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found and joined, Been beatin around drag strips for over 40 years, Run the Gas classes back in the day with a 33 Chevy 3 wnd coupe then I got 55 Chevy 2dr post with drop front axle, it was the old Senn Bros. car that run at Orange county. When the class racin quit around here and went to bracketts I kept the car around for a few years then sold it. I run across an old Crosley station wagon last year that was an old Gasser I am in the process of getin it back up and going which has turned out to be quite a chore.

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum Outhousemouse! Mini gassers are cool! The present some challenges to get 10 lbs. of drivetrain in a 5 lb. car, but sure lots of fun!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 1948 it was an old gasser late 60s I would guess maybe early 70s aluim floor pan and set back firewall, center drive seat is just about over rear end. Rear end was mounted solid in it. Added 12in to wheelbase putting springs and ladder bars on rear, rebuilt front ax and replace the leaf springs. Its been worked on through the years some did good job some not so good. Fixing the not so good.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looking at your web page, looks like we are going to have fun picking your brain for past experience. Jump on the build page and let us see your Crosley.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
A big hearty WELCOME to the forum Mr. Outhousemouse. You've lived the car world with Gusto. Like Mike (Maddog3299) said. Glad you joined in so we can get your perspectives and steal some of your experiences, LOL. If you have a particular or heck a dozen projects, start a thread (or threads) in the in the Project Section so we can see what you're up to. Really good people here on the board. Everyone's got each others back. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Glad you found us and joined up.

Mark L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts