Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. ive been lurkin here for awhile, thought its time to check in.my real name is ken and i run a shop in al. here at the house. i have 2 buildings for our little operation. one is the hotrod shop where we build old school hotrods, street machines,NO IMPORTS ALLOWED IN THE SHOP OR EVEN IN THE DRIVEWAY. in the other shop we build old school choppers and bobbers.HARLEY ONLY.as of now ive got a few projects of my own going. on is a 41 willys coupe. sorry man but this thing is glass.may not be as cool to some but you got to admit, its light as hell as with the small block im building to go in it it should be damn quick!grew up watching gassers runso i have a love for them that wont quit.im here because this is the sight to be if you want to learn about the way drag racing was(and to me should still be)watching you guys i can only dream to build one as cool as yalls but im gonna try.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome Ken!!! Drag racing was more fun in the 60's and early 70's.....But in many locales it was the biggest checkbook that won...(I was a hired gun in a Super Stocker, had a rich owner, good sponsors, we won a lot). Heads up racing is what really killed drag racing for a lot of little guys....Hard to run the same times as the money cars when you were on a "spare cash" budget. Factoring and indexing didn't work, so brackets were the only place left for a lot of us.... Heads up classes with no breakouts became the home of the big, big buck teams....

I run the "no electronic" brackets these days, still breakout racing but everyone, regardless of their checkbook balance, has a fair shot at bringing home the $$$$$$.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Ken, and glad to have another builder on the board. Grab a tasty beverage and stay a while. Lots of heavy gasser breathers here. Add some pics of your rides and customers as well. It's all about sharing the experience. Good to have you here. Mark L

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
Welcome Ken! I think you wont find anyone here will have any issues with a glass car. It's more about building something than it is about what material it's built from. Hope you find time to post some pics, cause we love them!

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi ken and welcome. good to have you here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts