Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have been researching how to build a gasser from an A body and found this site to be an excellent resource.
Thanks for the site

·
Registered
50 Posts
morning mate -good to have you on board
look forward to watching what you get up too!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Welcome to the site Alaska442. I'm a 442 fan. What year are you planning to build?
Mario
Mmhotrod

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
67 cutlass

Thanks.
I want to build a 67 cutlass gasser, the frame is an A-Body same as chevelle, GTO, Buick GS.
I have already made a 4 link out back and welded a cage in the car.
It looks like it will require me to cut the front suspension off and weld in a Box for use with a strait axle. I have been looking for a complete kit for this but it seems they dont exist.

Thanks for the site,

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome tot he forum Alalska442. Good to have you on board. A bodies make great Gassers. Speedway has front axle kits and you can get them in various widths. I would check with them on what they recommend for the kit that handles the weight of your car. Start a build thread in the project section so we can watch the build as you progress. Good to have you on board.

Mark

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd consider using a 50's Chevy, GMC, or Ford straight axle. They are plenty strong enough, and will be a very close fit for the width of your car. I'd stub the frame with box tubing, and build whatever mounts you need for the engine, and steering box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts