Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i finnaly have gotten a chance get back on tonite well i have taken my 55 nobody wanted to buy into a cool race car im having some problems with timing setting if any could help me its a 454 with l88 2 version with tunnel rame running 2.5 powervalves starts but wont run

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i cant beleave no one had anything to say well i got it running today if anyone cares to know how. my cylinders were dry from sitting.i added some oil in each one and that sucker fired right up

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
well i cant beleave no one had anything to say well i got it running today if anyone cares to know how. my cylinders were dry from sitting.i added some oil in each one and that sucker fired right up
Very interested, but didn't see your post in time to give a comment! Sorry! Glad you got it running. I always pull the distributor and put my priming tool down the hole to prime any engine that has sat for a year or more, prior to firing. I also give the cylinders a shot of oil or penetrant to wet them down and seal the rings.
Do we get to see some pictures of the '55 Ford? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts