Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, been looking at this site for a while now getting ideas and such and I am thinking of starting my first build. Unlike following the true gasser theme which unforunately I did not grow up in, I think I am going to do a a gasser theme build but just in my era of vehicle that I grew up with. Also I can't find any decent bel-airs around where I live so we all gotta make do. Hopefully you guys won't think of me tainting gasser good name/rep but take me in under your wing, for my build. Now to the good part. The vehicle I have choosed is a dodge dakota first gen, this might fit more under the street rod build but I love the look of the gasser and I think the truck could pull it off, if given the chance. I will post pic's up soon of my truck. And if you guys do really hate the idea then post me.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The first thing you will learn here is that we love all the builds. Complacency breeds boredom, different is the norm here. If you have the vehicle already, pop up a couple of pics so we can see what you're working with and start a build thread in the project section. We love to see what your envisioning and don't worry about getting cold shouldered. Everyone is welcome. A big welcome to you and your project. Great having you here. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Welcome! I doubt anyone will turn you away for building a Dakota. I'm sure you'll get polite suggestions, not mean criticism.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome aboard!

There's someone else here doing a Dakota here but he hasn't posted in a while. TCDakota. It should be a fun and relatively easy build, at least the suspension. Post more info in the project section so we can all follow along.

Unlike some purist site, I think all are welcome here. We all have a similar passion and here, build what you like. OK, it might be a stretch to see a mid-90s Honda Prelude gasser, but who knows? Stuffing LS1's in RX7's is a popular conversion... :D

Mike

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome from a fellow canadian hope you get some great ideas and insperation from the site i know i have and the ppl here are very heplful and supportive where abouts are you from?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome aboard...... Unlike some purist site, I think all are welcome here. We all have a similar passion and here, build what you like. OK, it might be a stretch to see a mid-90s Honda Prelude gasser, but who knows? Stuffing LS1's in RX7's is a popular conversion... :D Mike
I ending with my Opel by trading an '80 G-body El Camino gasser project for it. There are quite a few "different" builds going on here.
Another G-Body (Malibu) owner has started posting here a few weeks ago.

Here's my El Camino on the way to its new home:

Another non-traditional Gasser project of mine:

Have always wanted what most old school hot rodders consider the "King" of the gasser-cars..... the '40-41 Willys coupe. All steel originals are way to expensive to even dream about and fiberglass kit-cars are also well beyond our current means.

So, like many others here we are embracing "build what ya have" (and can afford).

As the pages of this website will PROVE..... there are many really nice "gasser styled" cars being build here by creative & talented hot rodders who not only share their projects but also offer advice/suggestions, encouragement and when necessary a "shoulder to cry on".

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA !!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts