Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thanks guys; I just got home from enjoying my free Veterans Day meal at Chilies.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Veterans Day has become another holiday and little is done to honor vets. The best way to honor living veterans is to give them the day off. Millions of honorably discharged vets must work on Veterans Day in the private sector and do not get a paid holiday for Veterans Day. Millions of others are with no jobs at all. Was going to upload an image but not able to. Happy Veterans Day have to get ready for class

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thanks Rik,
It was a year ago today I wrote the posting above your current posting of today. I'm sure along with myself the other veterans on this site appreciate your sentiment. Since I'm self employed I did give myself the day off.
Since it is Veterans Day I have to say that I'm thankful we're going to have a Commander-In-Chief that values the members of the military and will most assuredly have their respect.

Steve Bauman
US Army, Spec 4
1969-1971

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Missed it, as I also missed the election. Been gone hunting for 11 days, but did vote before I left, and celebrated Veteran's Day up in the mountains! Perfect day!

USAF SSGT. Loadmaster
1969-1975.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts