Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team, I am getting ready to get into my first solo project and I'm looking for advice. I recently bought a 49 ford coupe and I want to turn it into a rat rod gasser. I am looking to guys with the know how to steer me in the right direction as I am trying to be as cost effective and time efficient as possible. I won't be starting on the project till April as I am currently deployed. All input is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Hey welcome to the site....and thank you for your service...lots of great projects both now and in the past to draw from....shop around...have fun

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Welcome to the site AJ. Looking forward to seeing your project on the site. Lots of good advice here. Great people.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Welcome to the forum AJ! As the guys mentioned, plenty of build threads that will help you see how guys have done it. Keep an eye out for used donor parts or even a complete junker car with good running gear. It's usually much cheaper to buy a wreck and get engine, trans, and rear axle from it. Plus you may get things like seats, gauges, etc. all at a cheaper price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts