Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First swap meet of the year today! Ran into fellow member MT94SS (Mike) there too! Put on by local drag racers, and lots of great bargains! Friend had spaces, so we got passes to enter early and cherry pick!
Picked up a real bargain, which solidified my contemplating a swap to a roller cam in the Falcon's BBC! A full set of Comp Cams solid roller lifters NIB for $40. Had to look them all over for about 10 minutes, as I figured there had to be something wrong? Box said "spares" written on it, otherwise perfect. So looks like I'm committed to going roller cam now. Just need to look around and determine what lift and duration to purchase. Hope some friend wants the slightly used Thumper I'll be removing.
Then found a bunch of self adhesive rollbar padding for $10, and a really nice polished aluminum spoon pedal/arm throttle assembly for $10. Buddy got a Milodon large sump oil pan for $25 for a SBC.
Saw a really great bargain car outside for sale coming in. Surprisingly still for sale when we left later!! A 1965 Corvette roadster with hard top, for $19000!!!! It had Coke bottle mags, and was black all over, with black interior. No engine or trans, and some paint chips, but a real bargain I thought! Tough to find any 60's Corvette around here under $30k, even if the engine wasn't there or bad. Sure would make a great car with a SBC and a 4 speed, or even a BBC!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Sounds like some great deals Vall. The Grand National Roadster show was this weekend at the Pomona Drag Strip and Fair Grounds. I didn't go because I've had my buddys 97 Road King sitting in my garage for 2 weeks waiting for me to R&R the stator and rotor. Since the sun was out, it was in the 80's so I decided to get it done. He's supposed to set me up with one of his wifes' hot friends for the 4 of us to go for a ride; we'll see.
The whole time I was working on his Harley I was thinking, "why the hell aren't I doing the R&R on the flex plate and converter for my 53." It seems I always make time to help buddies but can never make the time to do my own shit.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
sounds like a blast Vall. Im always envious when you guys on the west coast have your outdoor meets this early in the season.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is mostly an indoor meet Mario! Just cars for sale are outdoors. So with freezing temps when we got there, I was happy it was indoors!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Vall.... is this the swap meet you have been going to for years?

Thought you'd like to know.... planning to use those "Covette valve covers" I bought from you many years ago. Going to go with a "late 50's early 60's" look for the Willys. Not a look you see used on many Willys coupes nowadays.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vall.... is this the swap meet you have been going to for years?

Thought you'd like to know.... planning to use those "Covette valve covers" I bought from you many years ago. Going to go with a "late 50's early 60's" look for the Willys. Not a look you see used on many Willys coupes nowadays.
No John. This one is probably 4-5 years for me and the guys going to, but may have been around longer before we heard of it. The big one that's been around for over 30 years is in April, and will take two days to get through. It's half indoors and half outdoors at the Expo grounds. The Raceway part is all outdoors and even larger. We do it the first day, and the Expo the 2nd day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts