Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know - it's not a gasser, but it has a straight axle! :D

My buddy gave me a 1949 Ford 8N for helping him out (painting his truck). Pretty cool. I got it running this morning. New plug wires and adjusting the points. Rebuilt the carb. It runs like a top. Should be good when I get a box blade so I can do the gravel driveway and clean up the 3 acre woods behind my house.

I love bartering. Got some cool stuff that way. The only thing that would have made this cooler is if it had a bucket so I could hoist engines out! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's a really cool deal. I enjoy bartering also........especially if it envolves old farm equipment. The stuff's just......cool...... and there's always a market for it when I get tired of it.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Looks like the one my uncle had on his farm when I was a kid! Those things seem to really hold their value if kept in good running condition. I'd guess that's from the 1950's, or possibly a little earlier. Those are way more stable with the wide front axle than the earlier models with narrow setup! Nice deal!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
......I love bartering..... :cool:
Me too!!!!

In fact, I just did some bartering ..... gave a friend of mine a pair of brand new bucket seats for unlimited sheet metal fab & welding as needed.

He is a professional sheet metal fabricator/welder.

I got the "ideas" but NONE of the skills he has. So it is a great deal for me & the Opel!!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Those tractors are neat. Lets see. Gasstor!! A gasser tractor. A good friend of mine back in Wisconsin got into hot rod tractors. A mid fifities Farmall that he replaced the original engine with a 400 Pontiac that I built for another friend, then decided he wanted a more powerfull 455 combination. So when I got he second motor built he sold that first 400 to the friend with the tractor. He built some straight up zommies and added aTH350 in front of the original manual trans. Turned out pretty well and boy could that thing move.
I also had a good friend in high school that got into turbine then eventually jet powered pulling tractors. He was a good friend but he was "CRAZY"!!!! MArk L

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's funny, Mark. I've been checking around to find a good rear tire - new ones are $335! A guy here has an 8N that he's selling cheap. He bought it to put a flathead V-8 in it with zoomies. Decided that he had too many projects so he's getting rid of it. I think that there was one in last month's Hot Rod mag with a v-8 in it.

I'll have to do some more horse tradin' to get a rear tire and a box-blade. This thing runs like a top. Pretty amazing to me for a motor that's 63+ years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts