Gasser HotRod Forums banner
4581 - 4586 of 4586 Posts

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
It's going to be a crazy garage sale when she has it Dave! Some guy came over and bought all but one 4 speed (five of them) plus some Hurst shifters, and she took $1100 for the works. I about cried when she told us.
She says she's posting it on FB Marketplace, and Craigslist, and will let us know the date, as I'd like to drop by to see how it's going to go. I really think her and her 43 yr. old son just want it all gone. She said they plan to remodel the 4 car garage into an apartment for her, and the son is going to move into the home. The son should live in the garage in my opinion and let his 81 yr. old mom stay in her home!
Sale will be Sat. Sept. 10th. It will be interesting to see how it goes, but I'm not staying to the end to find out!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
It's going to be a crazy garage sale when she has it Dave! Some guy came over and bought all but one 4 speed (five of them) plus some Hurst shifters, and she took $1100 for the works. I about cried when she told us.
She says she's posting it on FB Marketplace, and Craigslist, and will let us know the date, as I'd like to drop by to see how it's going to go. I really think her and her 43 yr. old son just want it all gone. She said they plan to remodel the 4 car garage into an apartment for her, and the son is going to move into the home. The son should live in the garage in my opinion and let his 81 yr. old mom stay in her home!
That is a crying shame. A good 4speed is going for 1000 alone around here. He got 5 for that price. Sad but they need it gone so that’s the way it goes.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
That is a crying shame. A good 4speed is going for 1000 alone around here. He got 5 for that price. Sad but they need it gone so that’s the way it goes.
Not sure these were $1000 4 speeds. At least not around here anyway. GM 4 speeds go around half that price, so he still got a screaming deal. I had them marked at $400 ea. just to sell quick.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Prices are all over the place

It really depends on which 4 speed it is, and whose selling it. Lots of variables to be considered.

4581 - 4586 of 4586 Posts