Gasser HotRod Forums banner
4481 - 4500 of 4518 Posts

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
well, my funds just depleted for awhile. Last week my wife was driving up to see out daughter and hit a deer. Just found out that it is indeed totaled. just waiting to see just how much I will still owe the bank to get out of it. The weather is cloudy with a chance of losing money.... :(
Well that is horrible. Did anyone get hurt? What about insurance ? Were you covered?

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
Well we got some unexpected gorgeous weather today! We needed a break from the incessant constant rain lately! The sun came out first thing, and it got windy, but not a cloud in sight! I spent the morning helping a young friend who just inherited his dad's 2009 Nissan 350Z put some hub centric wheel spacers on it to set the tires out 25mm further. He got some specially made in Germany just for this car, and we pulled all the wheels and spaced them out. I thought it was a waste of time and money, but once completed the car really did look much nicer with the tires not tucked in so far!
He left happy, and I turned my attention to Deb's new Subaru to see if I could pull a deep dent out of the bottom of the urethane bumper. Someone bumped a curb and pushed a corner in about 2" deep! Went on Youtube to see how to pull the skin, and had it off in less than an hour.
Once off I soon realized the dent was not going to pop out, as the urethane is thick, and it had been this way a long time! So rather than risk cracking it by beating it out, I grabbed my heat shrink gun and slowly heated it up. I kept pushing on the inside as I heated, and eventually felt it begin to give. I gave it more heat, and then one good push with my hammer handle, and it popped right out and looked perfect! Let it cool down, and then reinstalled the cover on the car!
Deb was very happy, and I think I earned a kitchen pass or two for this job! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow also, so maybe I'll talk her into going for a burger in the Austin!

·
Registered
876 Posts
wow. 28 degrees this morning and I forgot where I put my ice scraper since the move. So, out comes the credit card to scrape the windows. not so sure I am ready for this yet

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Yeah here too on Long Island. I used the wiper fluid on the windshield after the warm up. Was in the low 30’s here. Tomorrow gonna be worse so they say.
glad I blew out the sprinklers a couple of weeks ago.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
Guess I'll quit complaining about the cold weather and miserable rainy days here! We're in the low 40's at night, and 50's for highs now. But better than freezing weather you guys are getting!

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
34 degrees here this morning! Cars frosted up and might be a bit colder than the reported low. But not a cloud in sight! If I can finish up my buddy's Nova today, I'll rush home and take the Austin for a late fall spin! I got his car done enough to drive it yesterday for the first time in over 12 years! We were both excited!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well that is horrible. Did anyone get hurt? What about insurance ? Were you covered?
Hey Mario, just saw that message. Yea, must have been a huge deer as he took out the whole front right fender, hood and everything behind it. Airbags went off, and she cracked a rib. We had full coverage but no gap insurance so we will end up owing a couple hundred as they gave me a pretty good price on the totaled car.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Wow she cracked a rib. Must have been a bad hit. Hope she gets better soon. That can be painful. Cars can be replaced but our bodies are a one shot deal.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Man, what a difference 24 hours can make. 30 degrees this morning. A difference of 35 degrees from yesterday. man, I wish it would make up its mind.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
Weather here is turning colder, but yesterday got to about 50 for the high, and dry afternoon. Today I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in about 15 years, as he was in town visiting. After he headed home I came home and decided the cool, clear day was a good time to at least start the cars. Fired up the '39 and ran it for about 20 minutes, until it was good and warm.
I was going to do the same with the Austin, but I had some errands to run, so moved cars and backed it out of the garage. Headed to the gas station to fill it, and of course the attendant has to at least start the pump, even though they let hotrods pump their own. I told him "fill premium" and I didn't notice the dork selected "regular" until I had over 3 gallons pumped in! I stopped it, and hollered at him that he picked the wrong grade of gas! His boss came over and restarted the pump on premium, and apologized. Then walked over and slapped the kid on the back of the head and told him to pay attention. Pretty funny.
I finished filling, and dumped extra VP Racing Octanium in the tank. The boss came over and looked at the total. $11.50 for the regular, and $13.80 for the premium, and said, "Just call it $15 and we're good if you're OK with it?"
Austin seemed to drive fine afterwards, so the 3 gallons didn't hurt, at least not with the extra octane booster. Did a little test launch in O'Reilly's parking lot and she smoked the tires pretty hard until I let out of it about 40 ft. later. Didn't hear any pinging anyway. :)

4481 - 4500 of 4518 Posts