Gasser HotRod Forums banner
4441 - 4460 of 4473 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
It was so bad here my back yard went dormant for lack of rain.

·
Registered
809 Posts
My whole yard turned yellow months ago, and haven't had to mow it for months!
I keep my front yard green in the summer because it is small. But that was hard this last month because we have had zero rain.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My whole yard turned yellow months ago, and haven't had to mow it for months!
Should like the no mowing part. Now just paint it green. Or be creative, maybe purple or neon pink.

·
Registered
809 Posts
man, what a switch! 90 degrees this weekend, this morning 51. Hello fall!

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
I've threatened to have the front yard and side yard blacktopped and painted green, but my wife wasn't keen on the idea. I despise yard work, and would gladly have it all in hard surfaces if I was left to my own choice.

·
Registered
809 Posts
49 this morning! Got my license plate lights wired up, and my tail lights put backl together. Everything works! It is amazing what a new battery will do for troubleshooting!

·
Registered
809 Posts
damn, cannot catch a break. supposed to be 94 today. Ugh

·
Registered
809 Posts
wow! I wish we would slide into fall. I am tired of the heat and humidity. Looks like all next week is in the mid 70's.

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Tonight is the end of our summer Wed. night cruise in at the dragstrip! At least I hope it's happening! We have had rain the last 3 days, and it stopped yesterday afternoon. Supposed to be cloudy and 66 degrees for a high today, and haven't heard yet if the cruise is cancelled or going forth tonight?
If they have it, the last night is one of the best usually, with about 1500+ cars, just like opening night is. We got started late this year due to stupid restrictions, so not many Wed. nights anyway. But we had such a dry, hot summer that they got every Wed. done. Hoping they'll do this one, even if the grass might be a little wet!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Hope it works out Vall. Which car you going to take? Have you ever heard anything about your Falcon since you sold it?

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Hope it works out Vall. Which car you going to take? Have you ever heard anything about your Falcon since you sold it?
No, not a word about the Falcon, and I have had a guy asking often if I have heard as he wants to buy it from whoever has it now.
I'll be taking the Austin as the '39 is having a carburetor issue with my new Quick Fuel carb. Ever since I rejetted it, and swapped a lower sized power valve in it's been having wet startup issues, and mileage dropping off. I've ordered a new power valve, and some gaskets, as I'm guessing the power valve I stuck in was used, and maybe not a good one? Also ordered a jet kit in a 66-72 range, so I can play with trying different primary jet sizes. Only the power valve has arrived, so I'm waiting for more parts before I do the repairs.
Whenever it sits overnight it is very rich and blubbery at startup, and takes a good minute or so to clean up. And it seems to also be using more gas than normal. Guessing either a power valve gasket, or bad power valve are the culprit. Only changes I made were jet size, and power valve, and jets wont affect fuel leaking into the plenum after it's parked for a few hours.
Of course the Austin has always been old reliable. I just jump in and crank it up easily, even after weeks or months of sitting. And it gets pretty decent mileage, although it sure likes high octane gas better!

Yippee! Mailman delivered my gaskets, and jets about noon! Got the new 3.5 power valve in, and #67 jets. She's running great again!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thats awesome Vall. I have been working on my trans mission cooler. I forgot about that and I do not want to puke that expensive trick shift fluid on the floor.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
How’s the float level? maybe a needle has gotten debris at the seat area? Gas in the plenum doesn’t sound right. That would have to drip all overnight to make it blubbery till you clear it out.

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
How’s the float level? maybe a needle has gotten debris at the seat area? Gas in the plenum doesn’t sound right. That would have to drip all overnight to make it blubbery till you clear it out.
That's when it did it Mario. I could drive it and it was a little rich, with poor mileage. But park it and come out the next morning and it was flooded. And even short 20 mile drives were using a couple gallons of gas. But after replacing the power valve and jets yesterday I drove to the drags and back home and the gauge needle didn't move at all. So looks like it's fixed now.
I keep my floats set where I just see gas in the bottom of the sight glass in the windows. And I'm anal about fuel filters and run two on my cars. One near the tank, and a second just before the engine. Don't think junk could get to the needle and seat.

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Thats awesome Vall. I have been working on my trans mission cooler. I forgot about that and I do not want to puke that expensive trick shift fluid on the floor.
Yeah, that would be an expensive mess!
Turns out last night wasn't the last Wed. night cruise. They announced they're doing two more IF the weather permits. Long range forecast shows rain next Wed. so we'll see what happens.

The Maryhill Museum up the Columbia Gorge about 90 miles East of here is having a "Concours de Maryhill" car show Sat. Open to all cars, and the museum was built by railroad magnate Sam Hill for his wife. It has the first major paved road West of the Mississippi winding up from the river to the top of the Gorge, which is closed to the public. But they're letting show cars go down the road at the end of the show, so going to go up early tomorrow, just for a chance to drive the Maryhill road down!

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
That's when it did it Mario. I could drive it and it was a little rich, with poor mileage. But park it and come out the next morning and it was flooded. And even short 20 mile drives were using a couple gallons of gas. But after replacing the power valve and jets yesterday I drove to the drags and back home and the gauge needle didn't move at all. So looks like it's fixed now.
I keep my floats set where I just see gas in the bottom of the sight glass in the windows. And I'm anal about fuel filters and run two on my cars. One near the tank, and a second just before the engine. Don't think junk could get to the needle and seat.
Oh ok. Good to hear. Happy ending. Don’t mind me I’m behind on everything

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah, that would be an expensive mess!
Turns out last night wasn't the last Wed. night cruise. They announced they're doing two more IF the weather permits. Long range forecast shows rain next Wed. so we'll see what happens.

The Maryhill Museum up the Columbia Gorge about 90 miles East of here is having a "Concours de Maryhill" car show Sat. Open to all cars, and the museum was built by railroad magnate Sam Hill for his wife. It has the first major paved road West of the Mississippi winding up from the river to the top of the Gorge, which is closed to the public. But they're letting show cars go down the road at the end of the show, so going to go up early tomorrow, just for a chance to drive the Maryhill road down!
That sounds like fun! I know where you are talking about from when I lived in Salem in 1995.

4441 - 4460 of 4473 Posts