Gasser HotRod Forums banner

4421 - 4433 of 4433 Posts

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Today at the beach there was a Cj jeep stuck on a snow mound in the parking lot and he was trying to dig his way out of the snow. So I circled back around and asked if he needed me to pull him out and of course he said sure. He pulled out his tow strap but 8ft won’t cut it. So I offered my strap. Look at my back seat you see a bungee cord. That is what I went out to help him with and both him and his wife frozen from digging started belly laughing. Then I pulled out my real tow strap. Gave him a short tug and out he came. Felt good to help someone in need. Silverado to the rescue and a jeep no less.

Nice job Mario!
thanks Vall. Never needed to do that before. It was fun helping someone in the bitter cold. And man was it cold.

·
Administrator
13,226 Posts
Amazing what a couple weeks can do around here to change the weather! From blizzards two weeks ago to mid 60's yesterday! And the rest of this week is supposed to be the same until the weekend! We're at anywhere from 136%-167% above normal snowpack in the mountains here where they measure, and rainfall for Feb. was well above normal also. But it's ending now and great car weather, if we only could have some car events!
I took the '39 out of the shop yesterday, and after our car club breakfast I went on a 3 hour drive just for fun! That sure changes your outlook on life, no matter how good or bad your day is going!

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I thought we were over the hump when the snow melted over the weekend but last night we had a bone chilling 50 mph wind chill. Winds just now slowed down at 4pm. March is going to be tough on us this year. Longer days are noticeable now.

·
Administrator
13,226 Posts
Those winds really add to the cold! We get that here at my house which is closer to the Gorge where the East winds come down. It always makes the cold or the heat more intense!

·
Registered
692 Posts
67 here in St. louis today! Love the weather here.

·
Administrator
13,226 Posts
I had a computer problem on Sat., when I shut it down to do a restart and it decided to not restart! Just a dark screen and nothing else! Called the computer guy I use and he suggested it might restart if I waited a couple hours. But no luck. Next morning tried again, and still no luck! So after a couple days of withdrawals from looking around the internet, I took it to him this morning. I think it took him maybe a minute to open the access on the back, and pull the RAM card out, and then it started right up! He suggested it was a bad connection, but I asked him to just replace it. So he put in a new card, did some clean up, and reinstalled my wifi connection, as it's been dropping off for no known reason. So $25 later it's all fixed, and got back going this morning! Yippee!

·
Administrator
13,226 Posts
After two days of building cedar fence between our yard and the neighbor, it was time for some fun. So got up early this morning to hit a little swap meet in Vancouver, Wa. that's done annually at a hardware store. Normally a very small swap meet that fits inside their small fenced parking lot, but this morning i arrived to see it had spread out well beyond their parking lot!
Up and down the side streets people had set up truck beds, small tables, or just put parts out on the parking strip by their trucks! It was twice as big as I've ever seen, and made me feel really good seeing the huge turnout of old friends I've not seen in a year or more! Didn't find much to buy, but I spent more time visiting and catching up than I did looking.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
After two days of building cedar fence between our yard and the neighbor, it was time for some fun. So got up early this morning to hit a little swap meet in Vancouver, Wa. that's done annually at a hardware store. Normally a very small swap meet that fits inside their small fenced parking lot, but this morning i arrived to see it had spread out well beyond their parking lot!
Up and down the side streets people had set up truck beds, small tables, or just put parts out on the parking strip by their trucks! It was twice as big as I've ever seen, and made me feel really good seeing the huge turnout of old friends I've not seen in a year or more! Didn't find much to buy, but I spent more time visiting and catching up than I did looking.
Sounds like a great time. Glad you were able to make it there.

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
When do black lives matter...this says it all black guy, black car, with rebel license plate and a very special something under the hood, have to turn your sound up first to ...

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Did you take notice of the passengers reaction was ..when it lit off....427 cammer in that bad boy

4421 - 4433 of 4433 Posts