Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there was no way other than facebook to contact the guy organizing the event I went without either of my cars because of not having an answer to trailer parking. Of course when I get there arrangements had been made with a business next door to use their parking lot because they're closed weekends, oh well.
I got there about 11 and there was a pretty good turn out, about 40 cars; 90% of the cars I had never seen before and there were only a couple that weren't gassers. Like an idiot I'd left my house and had left my camera sitting on the island in the kitchen so no photos, damn. The admission to the Lions museum is a bit steep, $16, but what a great place. The recreation of the starting line was a trip back in time. Lots of great art work and just really cool other displays. There was a full wall mural of SW&C and Mazmanian staged with a bunch of other gassers waiting in the lanes behind them. Just a really well thought out and a good presentation of drag racing in the 60's before they fucked it up with the 3 pro classes.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it's simply "West Coast Gassers" Vall. I forgot to mention I handed out a bunch of the decals in hopes of possibly getting some new members.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
I believe it's simply "West Coast Gassers" Vall. I forgot to mention I handed out a bunch of the decals in hopes of possibly getting some new members.
Couldn't find anything on FB, so maybe they'll eventually post pictures, but under what area I'm not sure?
We could use more activity here Steve, so hope your generous gift of stickers helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts