Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you know what this is you know its worth $$$$$ because it was manufactured when it was the real deal, found it in a old book that I was going thru all most a full books worth.....do you know what it is and what it is used for

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
That would make a killer poison ivy. leaf it with real leaf and then hilight it in green. Closer look and it looks like it is varigated gold leaf.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a win Gasser fans..... yes its the real deal and variegated as you say. After finding it I remembered I was saving it to use for the #'s on my drag bike I will be using it on some thing thats for sure, I miss doing custom painting and striping. as well as some murals, made my living in my younger days doing it,

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you miss it that much, I'll help you out. Come up to my house and paint on this old Dodge until you feel better. Got any pics of your previous work you can post up?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I knew it was gold leaf but not familiar enough with that stuff to know what variegated means. I never worked with it but it was always a high end type item to have on a car. The '73 Trans Am I had before building the Catalina had an original custom candy paint job, still in fantastic shape, that was done somewhere around 1978. They gave it the name "CandyAm" and used gold leaf in the painting of the name.
What was meant by "variegated"???

Mark

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally there was gold and silver leaf. Not sure how the variegated started. These were used on wagons and such way back when. The variegated has different colors throughout the gold leaf (usually). Usually a red. sometimes others. There is a cool website on gold leaf if you have the time to look it up. http://www.gildedplanet.com/howtogoldleaf.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts