Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished watching my Oregon Ducks whip up on Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl! Whooo Hooo!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I missed it. I was going to watch but I got busy in the garage and missed it. Sounds like a boring game---NOT---for you I bet, HEH! The stadium is only about 7 miles from me. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was definitely not boring! The first kickoff in the game resulted in Oregon's receiver running 94 yds. for a touchdown! The Ducks struggled most of the first half after that, and then with 1 minute left in the first half they went to their hurry up offense and scored with 10 seconds left in the half! After halftime they came out and played most of the second half as hurry up, and it threw K.S. off their defense and things went bad for them.
The officials stunk though. There were so many cases of officials getting into the way of normal play, and players having to work around them. They just didn't seem to be able to back off a few steps. I saw numerous times when the defense would line up, and an official was so close the player had to sidestep before the ball was even hiked so he wasn't bumoing shoulders with them!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was pretty pleased with my Ducks! The defense did a great job keeping KSU from doing much. They did scare me in the first half until that score before the half. You could see the look on KSU fans after that was one of shock. I wish I could have taken time off to see the game but it's just too far to fly.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was pretty pleased with my Ducks! The defense did a great job keeping KSU from doing much. They did scare me in the first half until that score before the half. You could see the look on KSU fans after that was one of shock. I wish I could have taken time off to see the game but it's just too far to fly.
Yeah the look on the KS fans with the first return was total shock, and then the look when they did that last drive before the half was pretty much the same! In between I was worried, as it seemed like Ducks were not setting the tempo, and letting KS get set on defense and play their game. My hope in that last play of the 1st half was that they'd learn and come back after the half doing more hurry up offense. Seems they did just that, and that pretty much spelled the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts