Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard! Pull up an easy chair and stay a while. You'll find a great group of guys here. Tell us what's on your mind and what's in your driveway.....

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yes welcome, show us your project cat pics.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Good site. Allot of good info. Welcome aboard. Sharing is the KEY word. Everybody here has good input. Some things you may think it's stupid at first, but think about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, Thanks guys...I have been busy & am back to this site. I will get some pictures this weekend and put them on here. I am building a 1949 Chevy 2 door sedan that I took down to the bare frame. I have a 73 Nova rear end (I have a 3.73 gear set that needs to go in) along with the wide Nova springs in the rear. The shackles are a combo of parts & the front spring mounts I ordered from a off road place -they will be going on this weekend. It has 275-60 15's mounted on chrome reverse wheels I just got last week (the 60's style, not those smooth center kind).The front end has been rebuilt & I have special coil springs for it & a Camaro disc brake kit for it. (I went back & forth on stock or straight axle) Triva time; the front subframe on the 1949 is the same as the Corvette used up to 1962 I think it was. Anyway, the Corvette guys would put a I beam in between the subframe and the frame to raise the front of their Corvettes. I am going to look at that thought when the body is on & engine is in. The engine is a 454 with the 781 heads that I still need to get rebuilt. The transmission is a turbo 400. The body is outside sitting on a flatbed trailer. The quarters will get radiused. The style of build I am going for is that when it is done it will look it came out of the late 60's (396 big blocks were around) or early 70's (454's were around). When it comes time for paint it will be enamel. Like back in the day. Anyway I think you get the general idea of it. I want people to wonder if this was a restored drag car. In reality it is a Frankenstein with parts coming from multiple other vehicles..etc....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts