Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this earlier but when I got home and logged on to see if there were any responses the post wasn't there. So here it goes again. I found this by accident and wanted to know if anyone has seen it before. 2 1/2 hours of gassers, that's a lot.
https://youtu.be/1CEBWbP4jxo

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Steve i love that video. It shows the Long Island National Speedway and West Hampton Raceway footage. I missed out on National but I was on West Hampton with my 442 and with my coupe. I am so glad I made West Hampton before they closed.
I had the coupe accident in 2002 and while I was sidelined the Drag strip was closed in 2004 due to Local population noise restrictions. So sad. Glad I made the history here on Long Island. Now we gotta cross 2 bridges to get to any dragstrip to race.
Im not long for this place. My wife and I are talking about moving. I call it Wrong Island now. Land of the rich and stuck up.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Mario....MOVE do it while property values are high and go to were the values are lower...I did it from Cali to Washington.... it allowed me to pay cash for my house from the profit we made...and also got a much much better place to live....my old place in Cali is a Ghetto toilet now...making new friends is not a problem...even for an ass hole like me

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks for posting that link!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Cal Life Style

Mario,
You'd love it in So Cal!! Sunshine 365 days a year; don't believe the current news about the biblical storms we're having. Only about half as many homes are sliding down hill sides in the summer burn areas as reported. The best part is that now with all the snow in the mountains as the spring thaw starts and the reservoirs fill up I can shower more than twice a week :cool:

·
Administrator
13,536 Posts
I'd live in SoCal if the politics/laws were different. They would ruin my other hobby, and I couldn't live with that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE=mmhotrod;183346] ..... Im not long for this place. My wife and I are talking about moving......[/QUOTE]-

Hi Mario.... Trying to catch up on at least "some" of the posts I have missed. Keep "trying" to get back in the frequent "GHR Forum routine" I had before I got busy with family, working, health issues, etc.

This "Gasser" thread caught my eye.... Love the video. Sure was lucky to have lived through some of the pre-muscle car era & the golden days" of drag racing. Sure do miss those days. Even so, the recent resurgence of interest in all things hot rod/muscle car/drag racing has gone a long way to fill the "void" many of us had during the post muscle car era & the closing of many drag strips all over the country.

Surprisingly, more & more car restoration & hot rod shows keep poping on TV which is a good thing. Also on the increase is local car cruises, shows & nostalgia drag racing events continue to bring interest to the hobby.

Having spent time in Southern California we also have part of us that wants to live in "Hot Rod Heaven". But at this point in my life I would shudder to think of selling & packing up everything even to move across the street let alone California. So for us the move is just "California Dreaming".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts