Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ever visit the late Byron Stack's Gassermadness site? I go there occasionally, but today I checked in and the site says the domain registry ran out the 13th of Sept. and is waiting for renewal or will end.
It's always been a bit slow there, but very cool cars and info. I wonder with Byron's death this year if they decided to let it go?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Is there a way we can incoporate it into this forum like many ither car forums? His site was like a history book. I know I would help out it keep it going.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It would be SAD to lose Byron's site. Lots of great info & pictures there.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know of any way to contact anyone there. Byron's son was keeping the site going, and there were some regulars who posted pictures there often. My biggest concern is the pictures stored there that were so nice to reference. I hope someone sees this thread and brings that knowledge/history here!

·
Registered
354 Posts
That is a great site....Byron was the real deal, and quite the inspiration to myself and many others. I would hate to see that site go away. I have Byron's sons facebook contact, I think...I responded to his posts after Byron's passing. I will see if I can get in touch with him, and see what can be done. It would be great if somehow that site would stay running.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Alright, guys.. I sent a message to Chad Stack, I will keep you posted when I hear a response.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I started out on Byron's site. It was a great inspiration. I was sorry to see his passing and I saw the site was struggling. I agree with everyone else, it would be a shame to loose all those great photos and the background knowledge.

Mike

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for doing that Craig! I sure hope it gets back up, or that the info could be transferred here!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I heard back from Chad. He said that he had spoken to Bill Pratt about taking over the site and that it should be a done deal. He is going to contact Bill again to see what is going on. Chad stated that it is a concern of his and his family that Byron's work gets to the right people. I did offer the collective services of gasserhotrods and it's members if they needed any further assistance getting Byron's work available to all us.

Anyway, it was really nice of Chad to respond so quickly to fill us in. I will post here if he shares any more info with me regarding Bill Pratt getting the site up and running again. And Chad if you are reading this thanks again!
-Craig

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for following up with Chad, Craig! I too was a fan of Byron's and what he did with Gassermadness. It was the first place that really served those of us who loved the old gassers of the 50's and 60's, and I hope it gets up and running again! I think there can't be too many good gasser sites, and Byron's was full of good info!
If Chad checks in here, I hope he knows how much we admire what his father accomplished for all of us gasser fans!

I don't know Bill Pratt, but he does have another site dedicated to drag racing:
http://drag.racersreunion.com/profile/BillPratt

·
Registered
354 Posts
I received another message from Chad last night:

"Bill let me know that the domain name is up for grabs and he is puting a bid on it. He also purchased gassermadness.us. He has my dads sight all saved off line but it sounds like things are moving along."

·
Registered
699 Posts
This is great news. Without Byron's site I wouldn't have found this site. It was also what got me re-energized on my Falcon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes this is all good news. Especially the part about the site being saved off line. I was afraid all that stuff could have been lost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts