Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd throw something out here. Does anyone else think it would be cool if we had a decal/sticker that incorporated the web address? I was thinking if the response is good enough we could have a contest to see who could design the best one. The submissions would be voted on by the members. If it would be feasible they could be printed up and sold to members at a price to cover printing and postage. The design winners name could be included at the bottom with something like "design by" and he'd get a few free stickers.
I was just tossing it around in my head and thought I'd throw it out there to the forum. I know I wouldn't enter, I can't even draw a descent stick man; I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rik,
It'll be interesting to see what kind of response this post gets. So far there have been 33 views but you're the only one to respond. I just thought it'd be a way to get more people aware of the site and the gasser community in particular. Having an eye catching decal on your gasser with the web address I thought what better way. When I found the site, it was strictly by accident. I had goggled something with "gasser" in the search and it was one of the many, many results to come up.
Obviously though we have to wait for Steve and Vall to weigh in.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ditto to Val's post ,,,, I will buy decals.

Also,, I want to enter the stick man drawing contest, I might tie for last place with Steve!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire I know we probably could not afford the copyright cost for a Big Daddy Ed drawing. But were you thinking something along these lines or something a little less in your face?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm definitely interested in a sticker, I think that's a great idea. If we have a good design it's probably feasible to have dash plaques made as well. More $ than a sticker but also a neat thing to have.

I'm no good at art or logos...but Mike has a great idea. Along those lines, I know George Trosley (from CARtoons/Krass n Bernie) does custom art of your specific car or whatever and it's really affordable. About $200-350 depending on if it's one car, two, a magazine cover, etc. I'm sure he'd at least give a quote and an idea of art for a sticker. I can picture a willys tearing off in a cloud of tire smoke with "gasserhotrods.com" coming out of the smoke. Or something along those lines.

His website:
http://www.georgetrosley.com

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Woman's ass sitting on American pie crust mounted slick....Kiss My Gasserass under it

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's hope there are more posts, like from the silent members. So far, as all can see, the replys are from the usual suspects. As far as what I think of any idea, it doesn't matter. If this idea takes off it'll be what the members think is the best rendering based on posts. If you have an idea draw it up and try to color it in, take a photo of it and post it. If you can't draw (like me) and if you know someone who can, ask them to do it. Maybe you can photo shop something. Those of you with kids who live on their smart phones or tablets, they're the ones who can probably do the rendering for you.
I'm thinking of trying to take a part of an image from one of my gasser art pieces and doing something with it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a PM from Mike (maddog) with a hyperlink to some gasser art with one in particular that he liked. I'm posting the drawing for him. He said the artist is willing to work with non-profit organizations for free. So, I guess this is the first official submission from our member Maddog Mike; thanks Mike.
Anyone else, just post them so we all can see them.

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Steve, I am working on a decal but it is a little different from those shown so far. will have it ready by the end of the week.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
We Need More Interest & Participation For this to Work!!

As is often true, a good idea doesn't guarantee success. There have been well over 200 views of this thread but only a couple members who have actually said they're working on something. I really hope the silent majority of members on this site will jump in and make this work.
Vall, how many members are there?

·
Registered
643 Posts
OK lets brainstorm a bit:

What is the most iconic part of a Gasser?

Or maybe, what is the one thing that always comes to mind when you think of a Gasser?

#1. Possibly a "Beer keg type" front mounted gas tank? (again not everybody has one but I think of Gassers when I see that)
#2. Rake ,,, every Gasser has a bit of Rake high in front. Somehow we could include Rake into the design.
#3. Pie Crust slicks ,,,

Just a couple ideas to get going

I have talked with lots of T-shirt design makers and they say people are not as interested in their shirts if it is not the exact year/model of the guy that is shopping.
I know I am in that catagory on T-shirts too.

So an artists concept of our sport is my idea.

As an Example: When I look at the classic Jeep Logo, I like it because it has the classic style with 2 head lights and the old style grill. It does not look like any certain year, and essentially every Jeep owner embraces that logo.

So I would lean away from picking any recognizable car.

Lets keep this idea rolling!!

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
I agree Tom! I don't own any T shirts with cars on them because I can't find one with an Austin A10 gasser! ;) A logo that was maybe an old pie crust slick burning out, with "Gasserhotrods.com" underneath in stylish letters? Or a Hilborn style scoop, or Moon tank, or ???? Staying with a part, and not a complete car would make it more universal.

·
Registered
659 Posts
guys that is what I have done no car just a GHR logo with some fonts that can be change. no complete cars here.............. I will need to send my drawing to someone in mail so they can post it. having problems uploading pictures. Sorry

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's the type of idea I had in mind also, no car. I have a friend who has a site dedicated to Harleys (bikernet.com) and his logo doesn't have any motorcycles on it. As a matter of fact I like Keiths logo so much I have his decal on the quarter windows of my 53.
I have a couple ideas that I need to follow up on too. There's a pin stripper here in Mission Viejo, Jeff Styles, who I want to go talk to; hopefully when i tell him his name can be on the decal he'll either do it for free or on the cheap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A LONG time ago there was talk about making a GHR Forum/Website decal ..... The idea never went anywhere. Back in those days membership & participation was minimal. Hioefully this time around we can make it happen.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts