Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, being old enough to remember watching gassers run at the drags in the 60's and 70's it seemed like most honest gassers had seriously tinted windows. In my case with a mostly red car, deep red window tint would be there. There were blue windows tinted deeply on some and green I remember too.

I checked, and in Texas it looks like I'm out of luck on the street, as red is the only color listed that Texas wont allow. So that's out I guess. Do other states allow this kind of tint?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Rear and rear side windows can be tinted in Iowa. I haven't heard of any restrictions of certain colors. I plan on blue for my car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear and rear side windows can be tinted in Iowa. I haven't heard of any restrictions of certain colors. I plan on blue for my car.
Thanks. I would really like to use the red tint on my Nova I think it would look just great. I wonder if there is a tint that can be peeled off easily?

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I live in Oregon, and most colors off of the standard modern tints are not allowed. But here it seems the tint laws aren't enforced on hotrods. I have my red Austin tinted with red tint, and never had a problem. I'm sure if I was driving like an idiot, they'd add that to whatever ticket they wrote. But if you're being good they don't bother you here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts