Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1601 - 1620 of 1640 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I used too have a thing for the coupes....but I think I have gone too red neck and now crave a truck...like Steve's...I bid 20K on one about 2 years ago on ebay but lost out by $500....the seller contacted me later saying the buyer never contacted him and never heard back from the seller...the truck is now on the web back east

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
I used too have a thing for the coupes....but I think I have gone too red neck and now crave a truck...like Steve's...I bid 20K on one about 2 years ago on ebay but lost out by $500....the seller contacted me later saying the buyer never contacted him and never heard back from the seller...the truck is now on the web back east
You better contact Steve and buy his Willys pickup! ;)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Hey Vall

I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut the scatter shield was one of the old two piece cast iron 'Wedge' Mfg. type that were used before the introduction of the hydroformed steel ones. I don't even know if those old cast iron units are still legal. Didn't Chevy also offer 4:56 gears as an option for their 12 bolt rear end equipped cars?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Vall

I was pretty sure the 12 bolt was available in 1964 so I checked. Rectangle Font Circle Paper Paper product
They were definitely available in 1965 because Chevy had to have a differential to handle the HP & torque of the new 1965 SS 396 Chevelle.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
You guys got so excited I have to post this too.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I got this posted on my facebook also. Looks like this one is from NY years ago.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Looks like I gotta step up my MG build. How bout this 54 Nash.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
I was pretty sure the 12 bolt was available in 1964 so I checked. View attachment 101857 They were definitely available in 1965 because Chevy had to have a differential to handle the HP & torque of the new 1965 SS 396 Chevelle.
I think the only way you'd ever find any '64 with a 12 bolt would be if it was a factory race car. I've never heard of or seen a '64 year car with a 12 bolt, even in the factory high performance cars. The old rear axle ran from 1955-'64, and even in Super Stock cars was the standard.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Those Metros

set up like that one are still in my top 5 favorite gasser/hotrod style. I just love the look of a little car with big ass meats in back sitting up in the air.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Another neat old drag
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
That Dart appears to be from the era when they stretched the nose, but kept the rear wheels close to stock location. An early funny car, but still very recognizable for what it is. I like the look of those early ones!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Yeah Gary

shoulda, coulda, woulda, we've all been there. I shoulda kept my 70 Challenger instead of selling it to buy a wedding ring.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
In honor of Gary I post this neat ride.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I

absolutely love that big ass sun visor over the windshield!!! A Henry J is probably one of the few cars you could get away with that on a gasser and have it look good.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Very cool falcon for all to enjoy posted on Facebook
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

1601 - 1620 of 1640 Posts