Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Finally finished the motor, I really enjoyed collecting all the parts and hearing the stories that went along with them, who's car ran what parts and what happened to these cars. I tried to keep the budget down and bought a lot of parts at swap meets, traded this for that and raided my buddy's garages. Still need a few small things, pulleys, plug wires and freshen the carbs. but at this point all the hard part is done

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think Weiand made that one,maybe Vic and the boys. I think they were referred to as the bread box intake. Maybe we'll get some info from the the builder.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, sorry for the messed up pic'[email protected] Geerbangr, its is a Edelbrock TR2 intake. I have never seen one for a big block until I scored this one, I've done some research on these manifolds since acquiring this one and it appears that they were only made for a couple years. I guess the large plenum gave people problems so they made a 3pc version which is this version. The intake was in fantastic condition, 1st thing came to mind was I had to polish it to make it stand out more. The motor is a 468 with 10:75:1 compression, 648 lift solid flat tappet cam, holley 660's and a set of 990 rectangle port heads. Just looking for something to make some noise and burn rubber..

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Not sure about the TR2, but the Edelbrock TR1's had issues with the ports inside being raised above the floor of that huge plenum. Gas would puddle around the lowered area, and could build up about 3/4" deep! If the engine ever backfired the resulting fire was disastrous! Some people found out they could mix up high temp epoxy and pour the lower half full to the ports so the fuel wouldn't puddle, and that stopped the issues.
Does your later TR2 have the recesses in the bottom of the plenum where fuel can puddle, or is it revised from the TR1?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Vall you are correct, I didn't go into detail but the problems I read about was just what you said, the 2pc manifold had fuel puddling problems in the lower runner section.. This is a 3pc design, the middle pc has individual runners that go inside the runners on the bottom portion that tie the top plenum and runners together.... I'm not sure how its going work but I figured I would give it a try..

ford6.jpg
ford5.jpg
ford7.jpg

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
That is a cool vintage setup. Hope it works out for you
Mario

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys.... I'm looking forward to dropping the hammer on it ! I have been doing some pretty serious racing the past few years and it has taken the fun out of it so I needed a little break.. Building this car has been fun, I'm looking forward to pump gas, hitting the key and going for a cruise or an occasional trip to the track

1 - 14 of 14 Posts