·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey I just bought that car---oh, crap, I just woke up, LOL. Markus O'Droolious

P.S. I like both those cars.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
GREAT shot...... don't ya just LOVE it...... something I never tire of seeing ...... hearing & smelling!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
That's a local car, and I've watched it run several times! He's hitting 170 mph+ in the 1/4 at our strip, and in prelims he was holding the frontend in the air. During regular runs it keeps the frontend down and gets to business!
But don't get too excited Mark, it's powered by a big block Chevy!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Thanks a lot Vall, you just turned my dream into a nightmare, LOL. Still, it looks awesome. Thanks for posting that Steve. Vall, if you ever get some info on it let me know. I'd like to see if there are any vids on U-Tube showing it run. Chevy powered or not, so many people complain that the gasser "look" makes it hard to run MPH. If he's running 170+ then he's doing something right? Woul dlike to see if I can find more about it. Mark L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Heck I found it. It is a video I've seen before but I didn't realize it was the same GTO. I think there are other vids too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzypiAHCwoY

I'm goling to the movies guys. Talk at aya later. Markus O'LOOK-ious

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
When I saw it last year here it was sporting new red paint, and it looked great! He talked with us extensively about the engine, and I remember it being a 540 ci big block Chevy. It's running a transverse leaf spring axle with hairpins and I asked how that handled. He said it was a handful at the top end until he took off the gas shocks and went to air shocks to stiffen the front up and stop the sway and instability at 170 mph.
It's actually a regular old LeMans body, and not a GTO.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would love to do a 64 Tempest , Lemans , or even GTO. I would rather not a Goat just because one there out of range in price just, and two I'm not going to do a resto. I had a 64 Goat back in the 70's and out of all the GTO's I owned the 64 was my favorite. :D I know in my time I will never find any of the ones I owned as a teen so I would have to settle for a passifier. :D

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
'64 GTO/Tempest is the best looking of all! Always loved the side by side headlights, and the squared off body design. Simplicity at it's finest!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts