Gasser HotRod Forums banner
341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 · (Edited)
Yep, Tranny out and in. New flywheel installed, vibration problem solved, I had the wrong flywheel (supplied by and expert,,again,,gotta watch those experts!).

New flywheel,,,came with 28 ounces taken off the opposing side of where a stock flywheel adds 28 ounces. Learned a lot about a good forged steel flywheel and the differences in price/quality. Stuff like "tight grain" and the "flow of the grain" in the steel, GEEZ to much detail for my interest in that area. All I know is that from the previous post you can see and imagine that,,, I now have my ADREN-GRIN on!! I love Adrenaline!!

ADREN-GRIN,, I have been saying that a lot lately!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
OK, Not Fair Tom

the videos are way to short. It's like a very short teaser clip from a movie; leaves you wanting more......................

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Tom I got the video link. I made some popcorn and got a drink and tuned my tv to YouTube cause I can do that on the smart tv and
put my feet up on the electric recline on the new couch we bought so I was really comfy. I got the remote to push play on the video and reached over for the popcorn and the video ended. I really appreciate what you did but brother but you left me hanging and wanting more. Lol
loved it anyway.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
LOL!!!!!

Its the best I had,,,under the circumstances,,, I could explain but it would just sound like an excuse!!!
Better than nothing RIGHT? and I wanted to get SOMETHING for my first pass with the 428CJ.

I WANT MORE TOO! LOL!!!!

Soon very SOON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
A guy named "Vinny" told me to watch a "link".

He scribbled a website on a piece of paper in a hurry and said, "keep an eye on this, your Gasser is going to be featured",,,I gotta go"........

That was at the Del Mar Good Guys car show I attended last month.

I said, "OK"........................ "leaving he said I am outta cards,,,, I am a magazine editor, watch that link".............

"OK"

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/goodguys-rod-custom-19th-del-mar-nationals-recap/

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Awesome Tom. Great compliments. Can’t wait for your calendar month.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Got a "teaser" article in my e-mail today, it was a article and page copied from the current #147 Gasser Magazine.

This (attached page) was a page where they covered the Good Guys Car show I recently attended at the Del Mar Fair here in southern Cal.

I am always a little surprised how much of a crowd please-er my car seems to be,, This Gasser thing is really growing in popularity!

Ron Updike told me he is currently writing up some sort of a future article on my 56 VIC for the Gasser Magazine.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Good for you Tom!!!!!!! that's awesome. Its a crowd please-r because it was done right. looks awesome and I can't stop looking at the calendar pic during my work day.
Great job. well deserved attention.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Thanks! I'm having fun with it,,,finished up the rear inner fenderwells, and the trans tunnel, pictures, gotta snap a few of those for this post ,,oh and got the rear side glass in too. rollin rollin

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
Been a long time since I posted.

56Tuff-n-up gasser , sold it to a guy on the east coast.

Bought a 50 Studebaker to build up as a Gasser, sold it,, sorta donated it to Paralized Veterans of America.

Locked down a deal on the next Gasser project today.

Pics, here is the Stude
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
and the nest coming Gasser project.

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Pretty cool Tom. Hope all is well.

341 - 360 of 362 Posts