Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I looked and looked but cannot find any info. The dash in my car is not original, and looks cool, but I need some parts for it and I have no clue what it came out of....

Here you go- the only numbers I could find are the year 1954 on the back of the cluster

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
I'm not sure what it came from Dave, but I'd bet money it isn't anything from 1954! That instrument cluster screams 60's, as every 50's car I've ever seen had round speedos, and instruments. They didn't go to the longer rectangle speedos until the early 60's in cars, and a bit later in trucks. Mercury was ahead of others, and went to that style in the late 50's. But it's not a Merc; too plain. Almost looks like it might be a simpler pickup truck dash insert.
No car maker stamp anywhere on the back?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what it came from Dave, but I'd bet money it isn't anything from 1954! That instrument cluster screams 60's, as every 50's car I've ever seen had round speedos, and instruments. They didn't go to the longer rectangle speedos until the early 60's in cars, and a bit later in trucks. Mercury was ahead of others, and went to that style in the late 50's. But it's not a Merc; too plain. Almost looks like it might be a simpler pickup truck dash insert.
No car maker stamp anywhere on the back?
nope, no marks anywhere with a manufacturer. The guy I bought it from does not remember what it is from. I agree, it screams 60's and that is OK with me, but I need a radio, and all the other doodads. I think that round hole in the middle will be great for a tach.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I was looking to a picture of a 55 - 56Chevy dash that I plan to use as part of the dashboard in our Opel GT and I accidentally came across this dashboard.....

1960 Dodge Phoenix ....... Very similar.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have a winner! John, your dodge inspired me and I went looking for dodge dashes. I spotted the first picture in a thread that had dodge dashes and here it is- 1954 Mercury!

Vall, I was with you, I could have sworn it was a 60's car, but looks like Mercury had it going on in the early 50's!

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Well I was sure wrong. I mentioned Merc was earlier to go to that style than other makers, but didn't think it was a Merc; at least I didn't remember a Merc like it.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I say it's from a '54 Merc.

(I know, I know, I cheated!!!)

But I was--am right!!! LOL.

Markus O'Alittlelateious

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
This one looks like it was in a "rocket ship"......ha!!!!! So many custom & also factory build cars were influenced by the early days of the "Space Program". Can't imagine what all those levers operate.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts