Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fuel cell is a plastic RCI

i have fuel line at the bottom
there are 2 fittings on top one is a open vent and the other is a rollover valve with a check ball

open vent is capped off
roll over valve has a small k&n breather filter clamped on it

my prob is anytime theres more than 1/2 tank fuel it wants to slosh out and comes out of filter

what can i do to fix this i wanna be able to have more than 1/2 without it waqntin to go everywhere

ill post a pic of setup soon

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Hi Wick, I've never put a K&N filter on any of the cells ! ! I would if possible with the roll over vent and ad a tube that goes a few inches above the top of the tank and loop it down and send it threw the trunk pan allowing the fumes to escape on the outside of the vehicle.... Just my thoughts ! ! :)

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I always put a loop in my vent tubing, then run it down through the trunk floor and put a small fuel filter on the end to keep critters out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so should i leave the vent capped and add a peice of u shaped tubing on rollover vent that rises 3in or so from top of tank then arch over (u-shaped) and go straight down?

tank is in bed of truck so venting fumes isnt a issue i just dont wanna loose fuel or it keep spilling in bed of truck

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Yes, I'd still use the rollover fitting to vent. Mine is one complete 360 degree bend in the tubing after going up 4"-5", then down through the floor with the filter below. If it's a PU bed, then you can just do the 360 and drop the end down wherever you want to put the filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts